50

seeing that expression on her face made him a bit anxious of what she was going to say next.

"do you really not want to sleep next to me?"

his eyes widened. was he hearing her correctly?

when the hell did she get this bold?

he gulped, looking to the side.

"namkyu..."

she looked back at him while her head was still slightly to the side, indicating that she was listening.

he continued. "i'm a guy. you know that."

her hands moved behind her back. "mhm... so what're you trying to say?"

he sighed deeply before continuing to set up the futon. "i'm saying that i'm not just a close friend of yours. i'm a male, and i'm also someone that likes you."

"hm."

namkyu was honestly just trying to see what his reaction would be like, but now it was just fun. him acting like this was far from what she expected.

"don't let your guard down so easily around men." he adds on.

"but... sunghoon wouldn't do anything." she says confidently.

he quietly clicks his tongue before muttering, "you don't know that."

"but i do."

he stopped everything he was doing and looked at her. he knew she was right, but why? why was she being so persistent?

she sighs, walking towards the bed to sit on it. "if you're uncomfortable, just say it."

"i'm not." he quickly denies.

she smirks, "i get it. and i'll tell you why i know you wouldn't do anything." she chuckles.

he raised his brows, looking at her as he was preparing to listen to what she was going to say.

"sunghoon is scared of holding hands." she says out loud. "and kissing." she then adds, smiling in a way to purposely piss him off.

that was his last straw. he was being misunderstood. he stood up and went in front of her with eyes that were hooded and almost glare-like.

she looked at him, she was having fun until she noticed the seriousness in his eyes.

"w..woah. i was just joking-"

"do you want me to do something?"

her bottom lip slightly quivered, "...no, i'm just-"

"petty? i can tell."

"well then whats with the 'i've always wanted you'?" she replies with a raised voice, "you rejected me so many times and then you say you've always wanted me?"

her eyes were welling up now. this was probably being held in for a while now, because even though it seems like they've made up, it has also only been a day.

it was complicated whatever was going on between them, because no matter what, she couldn't figure out if it was real or not. those words just added to the confusion.

move on from the past, she says. but what if the past is right in front of you?

she wants to communicate, but she's scared.

she wants an explanation.

because it really isn't that easy to forgive someone.

"i was being considerate." he said, "even though i liked you, i didn't want to take that kiss away from you since i knew that part of me was dating you because of a dare."