30

earlier

sunghoon

"check it out." jake nudged sunghoon, "your girl changed her hair today. you know what that means." he then winked with a chuckle followed right after, passing the boy as he took a seat at his own desk.

sunghoon looked over at namkyu, whose hair was in braids. she kinda looked like a cute little nerd, but so what? so what if she changed her hair?

was there a hidden meaning behind that? he didn't understand, all he knew was that she seemed to be doing better even after their interaction the day before.

he sighed and walked to his desk, on the opposite side of namkyu. he sat in class silently as there was nothing for him to do.

jungwon and her seemed to be getting quite friendly with one another as well. during gym class, he would see jungwon teasing her or giving her a lot of unnecessary attention.

it kind of made him cringe, or at least that's what he told himself. he found himself scoffing whenever jungwon would interact with her or make her laugh with the dumbest thing.

he was jealous.

he just didn't know that yet.

when she left the gym, he was thinking about going to the bathroom as well. it was just a coincidence that they both happened to think of leaving the gym at the same time, haha.. right?

he left the gym right after her once he got permission. it wasn't like he was trying to follow her, he was just really far behind her and they were coincidentally going the same way.

he was surprised because she didn't seem to notice him at all. even after she stopped at the vending machine, she didn't see him through the reflection, nor did she hear him pass by her.

he went straight to the bathroom, which was when he heard two girls exiting the girl's bathroom. he was already inside so they wouldn't be able to see him.

ignoring them was what he wanted to do, until he heard the mention of his name.

they were talking about him so loudly it was as if they wanted people to hear. they probably didn't even notice namkyu or they just decided ignored her.

but he knew that namkyu was definitely listening. he kind of wanted her to eavesdrop, because maybe she'd think about thanking him and talking to him again.

as selfish as it sounds, he wanted her to be the one to make her way back to him.

or maybe he was just afraid of coming back to her on his own.

as much as he wanted to explain himself, he knew that he didn't know what to say. he didn't know what words he would use in order for her to not hate him.

he was a coward.

once that was over, he prayed that the two girls had left. including namkyu, but not so much.

he didn't want to make any type of contact with her yet. especially after yesterday, so instead, he tried to stay sneaky.

he did everything he needed to do in the bathroom before counting to three in his head. once he got to three, he exited the bathroom and luckily, nobody was in the halls anymore.

he let out a sigh of relief (sorta) before walking back to gym class.

assuming namkyu already made her way back to the gym, he didn't have to worry about bumping into her or her turning around and seeing him behind her.

he was in the bathroom for a while and that'd definitely give her enough time to get back to the gym. so he walked down the halls peacefully with his head down low and his hands in his pockets.

that was until he saw a pair of legs way in front of him through his peripheral vision. he lifted his head up and saw namkyu who seemed to be hiding from someone.

he stopped walking and went towards the side, against the same wall that she was leaning on, but way behind her. "what is she doing?" he questioned quietly to himself.

her back was glued against the wall but every so often, she'd lean to get a better view or to listen better. he wondered what she was eavesdropping on so he walked closer, hoping she wouldn't notice him.

when he was close enough to hear the voices as well, all he heard was "these are all marked zero- and every single page is ...blank."

immediately, he figured out what these guys were talking about.

and he knew who was looking at those papers.

was it too late to pull her away from this?

he already knew the answer to that, but he had walked up to her and gently grabbed her wrist anyway. he swiftly pulled the girl towards him and used his free hand to cover her mouth.

namkyu was now directly in front of him, back against his body. it was like he was hugging her from behind.

he lowered his head so that he could be close enough to whisper in her ear, she silently whimpered since all of this happened so suddenly.

"seonsaeng-nim is looking for us. we should head back now." he muttered, an attempt to keep her from listening in any further.

she didn't say anything, not that she could. she only nodded slowly, he assumed she was somewhat scared, and she was.

he slowly removed his hands from her and held her wrist, leading her to another way back to the gym.

'still the same.' she thought

'still unable to hold onto someone's hand.' she chuckled lightly to herself.

she wanted to ask him why. why his test paper's were blank? she wanted to ask him if he failed on purpose.

she wanted to ask a lot of things.

but she already decided something. she already told herself to move on.

she didn't care. there was already enough time to explain himself after it all happened, but nothing came back to her. she didn't want to wait for an explanation anymore.

whatever happened, happened. she was a victim of a dare and that's that. she already accepted that and she's decided to keep it in the past. starting today.

everything that happened, relating to the dare, did not matter to her anymore.

including sunghoon.

the hopes of her childhood dreams coming true,

and the hopes of experiencing her first true love, has been taken away from her.

once again, sunghoon has crushed her hope.

kyu blame it on him
again lolol
girl is TIRED of it

i didn't edit this chapt so feel free
to point out mistakes idm 😓