04

after gym, the teacher explained how we were having a math test soon, covering all the things we learned in this current unit.

"great." i stuffed my face in my hands.

this time, i actually want to try. so i made a mental note to study and discipline myself.

now that sunghoon's here, i definitely don't want him to see me as an idiot...

i'd absolutely hate that.

"i hope i do good." i whispered to myself. just then, i felt a stare burning through my skin. when i turned to the side, i could've sworn sunghoon looked away just now.

soon enough, lunch came around and unfortunately, i was assigned for class duty.

good thing it was with jihyun.

we stared at each other and pointed fingers at each other before laughing. i walked over to her and sighed.

"the test is coming soon." jihyun mentioned.

i looked down, "i feel like i'm gonna fail again."

"not surprising." jihyun laughed which earned her a slap on the arm.

"okay, let's go." we said to each other before picking up the supplies to clean up the area we were assigned to.

that's how we spent the rest of our lunch, cleaning up outside while chatting.

.

meanwhile, sunghoon was in class and chatting with his friends.

"yeah my grades have been dropping, it's so annoying. my mom doesn't let me go out these days." jay complained.

jungwon laughed before his expression turned sad, "actually... yeah, me too." he sighed.

niki grinned while looking at all of them, "i've got an idea." he smirked mischievously.

"what is it this time?" sunghoon groaned, unprepared for what this kid will pull out of his 'lists of horrendous ideas'

"we need something to motivate us to do better. and i have the perfect idea." he began.

jay and jungwon looked at each other with unease. anything that came out of niki's mouth wasn't very... good.

"just spit it out." sunghoon said, impatient.

"we should make a dare. whoever get's the lowest marks has to date..." niki ran to the window and saw the two girls cleaning up in the school yard, "her." he pointed at namkyu and jihyun's direction.

they all gathered around, "who? jihyun? she's not even bad."

"no. namkyu." niki grinned mischievously.

jake pushed niki's shoulder a bit aggressively, "dude, why do you keep smiling like that? what if it's you who ends up dating her?"

niki shook his head, "shut up. i know i wont get the lowest marks anyway." he rolled his eyes.

jay groaned, "oh cmon. pick someone else. why her? i can't even hold a conversation with her."