1. The Beginning

I'm Samantha Williams. I'm 19 and studying at Whitmore College. I never believed in the supernatural before, Until I met Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, and their friends. They eventually became my friends. But I got to know about their problems lately about the travelers.

++++

The Mystic grill full of travelers was burning to ashes. As per my information, I knew that my friend Elena and her boyfriend Damon died in that blast. I had hoped that they will be back. I was in the cemetery with Bonnie and Jeremy. I saw how Stefan came back through Bonnie magically and so did Elena.

I started noticing how Bonnie felt weak and her legs started shaking. Soon she was bleeding from her nose but that didn't stop her spell.

Out of concern, I ran towards her and asked while holding her shoulder "Are you okay?"

She nodded and revealed, "I can't see Damon!".

As soon as Elena heard this news, She fell to her knees and cried, "Oh no!". I was still holding her shoulder to give her some support. A sudden rush chilled my spine and made me fall to my knees but then I saw a glimpse of Damon standing beside me and Bonnie hence I decided to tell Elena about Damon.

Unfortunately, A sharp white light flashed and we held each other's hand for some reassurance before we saw ourselves in front of the mystic grill.

"Wait, Are we in Mystic Falls? Is this what our afterlife looks like?", I supposed while looking around, a bit confused.

"Mystic Grill?", Bonnie's eyes widened.

"Wait, Didn't we just blow up that place an hour ago?" Said Damon, Sarcastically.

We were standing in the middle of the road, staring at Mystic Grill, totally dumbfounded.

"This ain't looking like our regular Mystic Falls though," I muttered as I eyed everything with suspicion.

"I have a good one! Where are the dead toasted bodies of the travelers? and how did you end up here without being supernatural?", Damon wondered. His eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

I simply rolled my eyes and sighed before saying, "You're asking me as if I know all the answers!"

"My grams said to stay strong before ending up here... There must be some clue!", Said Bonnie with slight confidence. I really love how optimistic she is, even after ending up on the supposed other side.

"Yes, Bonnie but there is something wrong with this place. Look around, Damon is right", I said whilst pointing a thumb at Damon.

"Told ya!", Damon bumped his fist with my shoulder before draping his arm around my shoulder. I gave him a small smile and reached forth to take Bonnie's hand in mine too.

Can't leave my friend alone, can I?

++++

And next morning, we all walked around Mystic Falls which seemed oddly clean. It was weird because there was complete silence in the whole town except for us bickering whilst walking down the street. I saw a newspaper lying on the footpath. Out of curiousness, I picked up the newspaper and read the date, "May 10, 1994."