12. Losing Heart

"𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐭."

Samantha's Pov-

I woke up in a pretty languorous mood, knowing that Kai was still around me. He is not killing or harming anyone. I tied up my hair in a messy bun and strode inside the bathroom to brush my teeth. 

After brushing my teeth, I came out of the bathroom and found Kai sleeping in a perturbed state. He was shuffling constantly and tossing on the couch with an uneasy look on his face. I slowly walked towards him and crouched to his level.

He still didn't detect my presence and continued to murmur something and sometimes turn on the couch. I caressed his face and ran my hand through his hair to soothe him.

I noticed that his facial gesture got pacific and he calmed down. Like, he felt that there is no more danger around. I smiled a bit at his 'peaceful sleep' and stood up to prepare breakfast. I wanted to make some waffles for him.

I still remember, how fond of waffles he is. I was already mixing the batter when I felt a warm breath on my neck behind me. My breath shuddered and I turned back, instinctively.

I found Kai dangerously close to me with a hazy smile on his face. "G- good morning?", I mumbled with a hitched breath, trying not to hyperventilate due to the mere closeness between us.

"Hey, Good morning." He greeted me and stepped back to go to the bathroom.

"There is one spare brush on the counter, You can use that!", I yelled while turning back to resume my work.

"Mhm." He hummed.

++++

He was very happy after looking at those waffles. His face got brightened just by glancing at them. I was pleased to know that he liked my little surprise. He didn't stop staring at me all the time while having our breakfast together.

He made jokes in between and laughed at them in between whenever I laughed. It was the very first time when he didn't make any dark jokes about anything. They were just genuine funny jokes. 

After some time, I got ready for college and came out of my room, and found Kai waiting for me near the door with car keys in his hand.

"Hey, where are you going?", I asked him genuinely.

"Oh, We both have the same destination yet different purposes there, you know what I mean?", He said while winking and smirking as we got out in the hallway. I rolled my eyes at him and advised, "You better stop that?"

"What?", He chuckled.

"Troubling your siblings. They are my friends too." I replied whilst flailing my hands at my side. Not after a moment, I felt an iron-tight grip holding my arm and pinning me at the nearby wall with a stern face.

"I. don't. care! They ruined my life and now, I will!", He replied in exasperation and left my arm with a shrug to advance forth. I got frozen as I saw the image of my ex in his eyes for a while. For a second, I thought that I just met him.

I emanated with tears brimming in my eyes and wiped them as soon as a tear was about to drop. 

I was shaken by his behavior for a while.

I finally joined him in the car where he was waiting for me already with a deadpanned face. The car ride was painfully silent and I was screaming internally to decide to join him after what he did to me just a few minutes ago.