24. Gone for good

Stefan's Pov-

My eyes opened as I gasped. I'm finally back as Stefan Salvatore. But what am I seeing? Is my very own mother standing before me?

Lillian Salvatore.

"It's good to see you back, Stefan." Damon greeted with a small smile. I looked around and saw Bonnie standing nearby with crossed arms against her chest.

I slightly nodded and cracked my neck when I felt a slight strain. A pale hand was placed on my shoulder and I was pulled into a small hug. "I missed you, my son," said Mother in her apologetic manner.

"I guess, I wasn't wrong when I told Damon that I saw an angel the night after your funeral. You were there." I replied. A small smile crept on my lips when I realized that she actually came to see us.

"I'm sorry, Stefan. I know that– ", She continued until Damon snapped, " Okay, Enough of Mother-son bonding. We have Caroline to catch."

"She is our friend, not an animal. Stop with the "catch" word." Bonnie said whilst gritting her teeth.

"A vampire without its humanity is no greater than an animal, Bonbon. Now, C'mon!", He waved his hand and asked us to follow him.

Suddenly, Someone's phone rang. I checked my pockets but it wasn't mine. Damon's gaze went to his phone. "I wonder who it could be, I already have a lot on my plate." He muttered whilst taking out his phone.

Ugh, Remind me again, why did I switch on my humanity back?

-----
Damon's Pov-

As if my guilt for making her forget her love wasn't enough that she is now calling me. I wonder what is it so I answered her call.

"Hey Sam, What's up?", I beamed in my normal tone. I can't let her suspect anything odd.

"Care to explain why I have clothes of a guy and an extra toothbrush?", She inquired in her cold tone. Okay, I didn't think that far. It must be Kai's but I can't just say "Hey, It's your boyfriend's that you don't remember now, Thanks to me!".

I sighed and replied, "Oh, That must be mine. I was planning to stay at your place for a while." She sounded more confused and some shuffling sound came through the phone.

"I don't think that you wear such clothes. I mean, they are huge. And you're around... ", Her suspicion was getting at its peak so I interrupted her by saying, "Ugh, I asked Jeremy to buy some new clothes for me. He has a terrible judgment of sizes when it comes to buying clothes."

"Okay." She replied.

"And yeah, do me a favor," I said as I sauntered outside the house.

"What?"

"Throw that second brush in the dustbin."

"Sure.", She retorted before cutting her call.

------
Samantha's Pov-

As soon as I hung up, My eyes went to the clothes again. How come I don't remember these clothes yet the smell feels familiar. It's not Damon's cologne for sure then who was it?

And why do I have photos with Kai Parker on my phone? Why we were smiling like we were happy? I had lots of questions and no answers.

Damon seemed to be a bit on edge so it was useless to ask him. Bonnie have already a lot on her plate and Caroline. . . well, she is not in her right mind to seek help.

And it will get awkward with Jeremy.

Maybe it will be the time when Kai manipulated me into making me believe that we are friends. That must be it!