6. I've got you

"You're sick!", He mumbled before falling on his knees and yelling out loud. I sat down, leveling him and looking at his worsened state.

"I know, and so you are! I can help you." I whispered whilst running my hand through his hair. Little did I know that he was about to do something I had never thought of. He held her by her neck and banged her head on the nearby wall, almost killing her.

"You didn't mean it..." I mumbled before passing out.

"Sam? Hey, Are you okay?", Kai asked with concern, placing his hand on my cheek. I gasped and woke up with my eyes widened. I finally realized that it was just a nightmare yet, my eyes went everywhere to recheck if I'm still in a nightmare.

"What is it?", Kai asked again. I shook my head and replied, "Just a bad dream". I was still hesitant to talk to him normally. He chuckled and muttered, "You suck at lying Sam, I know that you have trouble sleeping. C'mon!"

He stretched his arms and pulled me for a hug. I hesitantly accepted his hug, but I felt a warmth that I needed very much for a while.

His chin was on my head as he said, "Are you okay?" His voice was deep and it sounded hot because I can sense sincerity rather than sarcasm. I simply nodded and looked at the clock, It was 2:45, midnight.

I forgot to take the pills again!

"I think, you should practice sleeping without pills.", Said Kai, interrupting my thoughts. My eyes widened as I realized that Kai was talking exactly about what I was thinking. Maybe it is just a mere coincidence, or he really does know me well.

"What do you mean by that?", I hesitantly mumbled under his arms. I was hearing his heartbeat as he chuckled lightly at my reply.

"I'm talking about something you are trying to hide from me right now. You can't hide anything from me, Butterfly." He uttered while comforting my back whilst pulling me closer to snuggle under his arms.

I nodded peacefully as I felt warmth and peace around him. I felt comfortable enough to fall asleep in his arms. For as long as I remember, He tucked me into my blanket and laid beside me to snuggle closer to make me feel comfortable. He rubbed my back as a gesture of comfort and dabbed me to sleep whilst humming something similar to a lullaby.

++++

The next morning, my eyes fluttered open, and saw a handsomely chiseled face in front of me with closed eyes. A siphoner who is sleeping peacefully with his arms wrapped around me. My lips curled up in a smile as I noticed his eyes moving under his eyelids and his lips quivering a bit with a slight smile on his face while sleeping.

I wondered what he is dreaming about. I gently caressed his face and his hair before taking his hand off me from my waist. I slowly came out of bed and tiptoed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I noticed that the bottle filled with my sleeping pills is empty and there was another crushed bottle lying on the counter.

I sighed and concluded that maybe he took his anger on the bottles. "Poor bottles!", I mumbled as I dumped them in the dustbin.

I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I decided to make something normal rather than something exaggerated that nowadays I'm used to eating.

I buttered up the toasted bread and sautéed some scrambled eggs with some pepper. I also made some coffee which was a latte to freshen up our sleepy minds. I was about to go upstairs to wake Kai up but got anxious after I remembered one incident when I once woke him at about 6:45 in the morning and faced his wrath for disturbing his precious 'sleeping beauty' sleep.