30. Magic helps

Samantha's Pov-

"You know, my late Gemini coven was such a freak. They once created a spell to know what our pet is feeling. It's so stupid, right? Like, My family didn't even have a pet." He rambled on whilst walking back and forth.

I was holding my head and my elbows were resting on my thighs. I was fighting back the drowsiness and keeping myself from closing my eyes but did he shut up?

It was happening since he realized that I had lost my memories of him. I don't know how but he figured out that Damon somehow managed to compel me without my consent and ever since then, he is very determined to bring back my memories.

But why would Damon do that in the first place?

It's not like I am also into bringing my memories back. Kai is a horrible person. I don't know what kind of sick memories I have forgotten. What if Damon did the right thing? And what if Kai just wants to torture me by bringing back those memories?

I glanced at him again and observed how gently he flipped the pages of grimoires after he was done with his ramble. He must have felt my eyes on him hence he looked at me with a bashful smile. I don't know if he could notice but I could feel the blood rushing at my cheeks when he looked at me like that. I averted my eyes from him and looked out of the window.

It's so unfair of him to look this attractive.

Suddenly, I felt his fingers grazing my chin with gentleness. I flinched at the touch and my neck snapped in his direction with wide eyes. His hand retracted for a second before he cupped my face with his palms.

"Hey hey, It's alright. I noticed how you blushed so I just couldn't control myself to come near you." He gushed.

It should have melted my heart in other circumstances but remembering how he killed his sister and innocent people and held me captive, my blood was boiling with anger. He doesn't get to act all innocent after what he had done.

I swatted his hands from my cheek and stood up, glaring at him. I was shorter than him so I had to look up at him with a sullen look. Concerning my demeanor, his smile started fading from his face and a perplexed expression began to replace his smile.

"Butterfly?"

"That's not my name Kai." I moved away from him. The last thing I want is to be near him. He looked more confused as if he wasn't expecting me to say this. A part of me was aware of the fact that he might not hurt me.

"Then what do you expect me to call you?" He tilted his head which would have looked cute but it wasn't. I still remember the cries of those who were dying because of him. My scars were not even healed yet.

"I have a name, use it!" I retorted out of annoyance. I was trying so hard to contain my anger. I don't know what will happen if I blew up. I don't want that either.

"Ooh, that time of the month? Don't worry, I've brought you some—"

"You killed them, Kai!" I snapped, tears pooling in my eyes. I didn't even dare to look at him. There was a moment of silence before I looked at him again and pointed at his chest as I accused, "You. Killed. Them!"

His lips parted but he didn't say anything. He tried to take my hand in his but I took my hand back and held it like I touched a hot iron. The dam that I was trying to hold was no more in my control and it broke.

"What have I ever done to you? I am just a normal girl," I sobbed while referring to myself. I held his hand and pulled them up as I said, "See? No magic!"

As soon as my hand left his own, he drew near me to hold my arms as he soothed, "I know you're a normal girl, Samantha. Calm down, your heart is racing."