29. The story begins once again

The warmth of the blankets and pin-drop silence in the room was comforting as ever it could last. Even though my muscles ached last night and I was getting trouble sleeping in bed due to continuous contact of the mattress with my open wounds, I somehow slept it away.

The silence was either because Kai died with werewolf venom or he left the place. I can't say anything for now. I was partly asleep, and partly paranoid due to such silence.

A sudden knock at the door made me come to my senses again, my somnolent state was no more to be seen but cautious. I held my sheets closer to me.

He is alive.

I don't know why but there was a sense of relief in knowing that he is alive. My steady heartbeat was long gone with my slumber.

Again, that same pattern of knock. One two One two One. My mind started recalling the last night's incidents. Very dreadful incidents which consisted of numerous murders, some neck snaps, and let's not forget my kidnapping.

I was right about being suspicious of having a very good day back then.

"I'll take that as yes." He asserted whilst opening the door with ease. How did he even open the door? I locked it from inside last night. I pulled up my blanket due to the cold breeze that wafted over me after he opened the door.

My gaze went to the nearby window for a moment to notice that it was cloudy weather. There was no trace of sunlight outside. It wasn't any normal cloudy day but a day that symbolized mourning for the one we lost last night.

But then I realized that there is someone else in the room too, leaning against the door frame with crossed arms and an inexpressible face that he usually makes. I noticed how he is wearing tidy clothes rather than that bloodied suit.

A bit loose V- neck, dark blue T-shirt clinging to his shoulders with sleeves folded back which complimented his arms and black joggers. Where am I exactly?

"Did you have a good sleep? I heard you shifting a few times, last night." He said whilst nearing my bed. Suddenly, I felt very self-conscious.

"What do you want?" I couldn't help but ask it away. After all, the least the hostage should know the motive, right? His eyes didn't dare to leave mine. He let out a light chuckle as he climbed up to bed.

"What do you want?", he mimicked me whilst stepping closer by his knees.

"Why are you doing this?" He took one more step closer. His sinister smile wasn't waving off his face.

"What have I done to you?" He moved closer until the mattress near my feet was dipped down by his weight. He was right in front of me while I pulled my legs closer to me.

"It's always the same questions from you." He mumbled before leaning close to me. His T-shirt was hanging down his neck, making the view of his toned chest more prominent.

My eyes caught the glimpse of the silver chain which glimmered in subtle daylight with a similar pendant on his neck before he placed his two fingers under my chin to lift my head. My lips parted with the unexpected contact.

"Don't worry, I'm alright now. I saw how shocked you were by my unexpected arrival last night. And... Sorry 'bout your dress, I'll buy you a new one." He chuckled, glancing at my wrinkled dress.

Did he just apologize for my dress instead of killing many innocent people?

"You're insane." I breathed out whilst staring right into his eyes, almost unblinkingly. Fresh tears which were suppressed last night started to pool in my eyes. People were slaughtered in front of my eyes and he cares about my damn dress!?