10. Engagement Day.

***Arya's POV.***

We drive to my home in silence but when we reach; I insist him to come in. But he denies saying he would get very late.

"But what is wrong in two minutes? I promise I won't let them hold you for long. But if you won't come in and if I go alone in there, Mami will ask me millions of questions. Why didn't you come in? Why did I insist more? Are you shy?" I say.

"Just make some excuse, please. And don't worry, I'm coming tomorrow for Roka." He says with a smile as if he is enjoying this.

"Fine. Don't come. I will complain about this to Mom." I say with a smile of my own.

"No, please don't. I'm coming. She will lecture me about all the rules and ethics of society if you tell her about this." He says and I feel the tension finally leave him totally.

"Arya, you're back." Mamu says as soon as we enter and looks up, "Oh, Vedant came too. But I thought you took your car?"

"My car. Yes. It is at your home." I say to Vedant.

"I will have my driver deliver it to your door tomorrow." He says.

"Good." I say.

"Did you have a good day, dear." Mamu asks.

"Yes." I say.

"What are you doing? Our future son-in-law is here and you started talking to him at the door only. Welcome him in and let him sit. At least you should know the manner, Arya." Mami says suddenly.

"I was-" Mamu says but Mami's chirpy voice interrupts him.

"Come, son. Sit here. Arya go and bring some water." Mami says and I nod and hide my smile but Vedant notices it and raises his one brow at me.

"Yes, Mami." I say and go to bring water.

After drinking water, Vedant says, "Okay then, I should leave now."

"This soon. Have some coffee or snacks." Mami says.

"No, Mami Ji. We just came from dinner. And also Mom would be waiting for me. And I'm coming tomorrow again." Vedant says.

"Okay. Okay." She says and after giving me a wave he leaves.

I get changed and get a call from him and he says, "I reached home and I hope you haven't complained about me to Mom."

"Why would I? You came to my house, right? So no complaints." I say.

"Okay. I'm going to sleep. See you tomorrow." He says.

"Yes. Good night." I say.

"Good Night, Arya." He says and hangs up.

Next day, I woke up early as per Nani's orders and wore a simple blue dress for 'Grah Shanti Puja' and 'Ganesh Puja'. Mamu and Mami sit in the puja and we sit behind them. Some of our relatives are already here as Nanu and Nani personally called them.

Some would come directly on the wedding day. Our relatives are living with us and some in a hotel which Reyansh bhai made possible at the last moment. I serve water and tea to everybody during puja.

After both the pujas are done, Parth gives prasad to everyone and Mamu and Mami make me sit between them so I can receive blessings from the Gods for this new journey I'm taking. Then I'm taken upstairs by my cousins who ask me millions of questions about Vedant.

"Do you know he is among the top 20 businessmen according to a new magazine and that too in such a short time?" One says.

"He is so dreamy." Others say.