Author's Note, Characters' Art & Playlist

Hello and welcome everyone!

Thank you so much for checking out my story! <3

It was written for OpenNovellaContest and based on the below prompts:

18. There was something inside me that wouldn't stop until the whole world was blood.
45. Heaven and Hell collide once again. The War Demons march to meet the Battle Angels in a struggle for dominance over the Human Realm.
71. People are dying in your town and for some reason, there are whispers that you're the reason behind these deaths.

Edit 27.04.22: Ok, time to come clean. It's no longer a novella, as I crossed 40k words xD But a novel is still good, so I'll keep writing till I'm finished, and ONC inspiration will stay here forever ;)

A few words about the idea.

The whole idea started when I stumbled upon the album Beth out of Hell by The Murder Of My Sweet (I added one of the songs in the header, so you can check it out). It tells the story of demon/angel conflict through music and I was so enchanted by it that I binged-listened to it for a long time. It planted a seed of a story in my brain, as I wanted to write something based on that theme, with all the dramatics, long-rooted hatred and impossible relationship doomed to fail from the start.

So, when I saw prompt 45, I knew that was exactly the kind of story I wanted to write. And of course, I quickly realised I will not contain it under 40k xD But here we are now with the completed novel at around 55k. I will expand it a bit here and there, so it'll probably grow a bit more in size.

***

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Even though I took the concept of angels and demons, the world in the story is fictional, and so are the gods (we have two of them there). They are not supposed to be a representation of any deity from existing religion, and my intention was to tell an exciting story and not attack anyone's faith. Everyone has the right to believe in whatever feels right to them. All people deserve the same respect no matter their beliefs. 

***

Time for the best part: characters' art! I commissioned the most amazing artist ever, Sci-fi Kawai Queen SuVida777 ! Thank you so much for this marvellous piece of art! If you haven't seen her art or read her stories, go and head to her profile right now. And I mean, RIGHT NOW. You won't regret it, trust me. 

Without further ado, here is Sanna and Melkyal (or Golden Boy). The art is a scene from chapter 9 (so you know, keep reading if you want to know what happened there :]) 

 The art is a scene from chapter 9 (so you know, keep reading if you want to know what happened there :]) 

I also receive another character art of Sanna as an awards prize! yay! ^^ Here she is, made by amazing TateCsernis <3 Go check out her stories and more amazing art! 

Because I absolutely adore music, I have a special playlist created just for this story. I'll list the songs here and add a link to Spotify in the comment, so you can check it out if you want. 

Band: The Murder of My Sweet

The Awakening

World in Ashes

Always the Fugitive

Bitter Love

Still

The Humble Servant

Requiem for a Ghost

Tide After Tide

Poets by Default

Heaven Succumb

Means to an End

Armageddon

Fallen

Unbreakable

I Dare You

Violently Peaceful

Meant to Last Forever

Waiting for the 27th

Revolution

Band: Eleine

Echoes

Sanity

Band: Seven Spires

The Cabaret of Dreams

Lightbringer

Fall with me

Band: Epica

In All Conscience

Rivers – A Capella version

Band: Chaos Magic

Furyborn

Path of the Brave

Band: Halestorm

Freak Like Me

Psycho Crazy

Raise Your Horns

Other bands:

Bare Infinity – The Devils Call

Avantasia – Promised Land

Within Temptation – The Purge

Silverlane – Life to Die For

Ad Infinitum – Tell Me Why

Amaranthe – Archangel

Delain – Control the Storm

Atom Music Studio – Until the Sky Is Ours

Atom Music Studio – New Era

The story is now completed, but be mindful that it's still an edited first draft, so there might still be some funny typos and other clunky sentences. As always, feel free to point stuff out, because it helps me with edits.

So, without further ado, enjoy the story! ^^