Regret?🖤

Maya's pov:

"Hey Babe! Whatsup? You are okay, right?" Daisy asked on the call.
"Yeah I'm fine. I just wanted to know if you're okay. You are, right?" I asked her .
"I am perfectly alright. What would happen to me?" She asked me laughing at my question.

"No , just wanted to know that. When are you coming at the mansion? I want talk to you regarding something."
"I was actually gonna come tomorrow. But, I think I'll get free till 7.30 in the evening. So , will probably reach there by 8." She replied.

We exchanged goodbyes after that and hung the phone.
I don't know why, but I felt like something's strange.
Knowing Mr. Adams, he would have killed the person who dared to hurt him and most importantly his best friend. But, here they both talked like they are best of buddies. I was confused. I decided to talk to Daisy when she'll come.

After sometime, Anna came . We talked like some long lost friends.
Around 1, Mr. Adams came with my lunch. He directly talked with Anna about my medicines and my lunch. He didn't even glance at me once. I felt bad by his ignorance. But, that's what I wanted, right?

It was around 7 , when I woke up. How could I sleep this long? I thought to myself.
"Thank God you woke up. Otherwise, I thought that I will have spend my night here only, waiting for your beauty sleep to get over."
It was Liam sitting on the couch.

"When did you come?" I asked him.
"About some 40 mins ago."
"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked him feeling bad for wasting his time.
"Oh trust me, I don't want to die."
"Huh?"

"What I mean is that your dearest husband strictly warned me to not disturb your sleep. If I did that, he would have definitely killed me."
"Oh! I'm really sorry you had wait this long . I don't know how I fell asleep after lunch. I never sleep too much." I apologized to Liam.

"Oh, no worries Maya. I didn't have any work at the hospital now. Plus, I had an amazing time with Lucas and Xavier. They went towards the living room just some time ago. And, don't worry about your long hours of sleep. It's just due to the heavy dose." He told me.

"Oh. Okay."

Later, he checked my blood pressure and the other movements of my body.
After some chit chatting, he went.
It was around 7.45 , when Lucas came with a tray of food in his hand and a smile on his handsome face.

"It's time for the dinner, princess."
"You would have had dozens of girls running behind you before your marriage." I smiled back at him.

"Trust me on this, they weren't just before marriage. They are still running behind me." He told laughing.

"And what do you do about that?"

"I run faster than them. Because if my any chance, Dan gets to know about this, she'll first eat the girls alive and then, cut me into pieces, fry me in oil and then eat me."
We both were a laughing mess at this statement.

"I can imagine that." I told him and he turned serious.

"Trust me, even I can imagine that with you and Xavier." My smile faded.

"You are living in a delusional world Lucas. Yours was a different thing. It had love from both the sides and your relationship was out of consent, respect and infinite love.
Ours, from beginning, is based on force. It is already destined to end, not to begin." I cleared his concept.

"You haven't witnessed what I have Maya. I bet you on my life that yours is going to be more beautiful than me and Dan.
Now, have your dinner before that demon kills me."

"Who?" I asked him.

"Who else than your husband? He is busy with Daisy and has asked me to feed you properly and give you medicines on time."