Family 🖤

Xavier's pov:

I was looking into her eyes that depicted satisfaction, happiness and contentment. No one could have ever imagined THE GREAT XAVIER ADAMS who never ever spared a single glance back to anyone was now ready to die over a single smile of this beautiful lady. 

I stood there watching the cars drove off to their respective destinations. Liam and Lucas left no stone unturned to threaten me to take proper care of their sister. Trust me when I say, this was the first time Lucas slapped me and Liam dared to hold my collar and intimidate me. But, after all that I've done, their reaction was justified. No one could oppose them. Even Daisy took her share of warning me with the worst. 

"Anna, please have some rest now. It's already past your sleeping time." My chain of thoughts broke when Maya brought Mimi's medicines and gave her. I stood there, hands folded on my chest, watching these two ladies. 

"No no! You took these pills day before yesterday. Now, they need to be taken tomorrow. Not now." I stood there in bewilderment when Maya corrected Mimi with her pills.

"How do you know about Mimi's pills?" I asked her. 

"I know everything." She said smirking.

"How? You came back just yesterday. And, we were together the entire time. When did you come to know about her medicines and all?"

She stood there silent but, Mimi spoke on her behalf.

"She was always there for me Xavier. Whenever I had some problems with my health, she was there. She knows all my medicines and health issues. She used to call me at least twice a day to enquire about my health and would talk to me to ease me out of worries."

Now, I feel a lot terrible. 

"I'm sorry Mimi. I was so immersed in my sorrows that I forgot that you need your son with you."

She took my hands in hers and said, "It would have been a problem when my health wasn't taken care of. But, it was never the thing. I was always everyone's priority. Dan and Lucas were continuously there for me. Liam and Daisy too never made me feel alone. And out of all, Maya, though not physically but virtually, she was always there for me. Everytime everyone was there to take care of me.

And, I understand that there are times when we feel low. I respect your space and your feelings. It was a hard time for you with your first heartbreak. But, I knew that it wasn't going to last long. So, stop feeling guilty and enjoy this phase. You've waited long for this happiness to knock on your doors. And, now that it is there, don't let anything take over the emotion." She lovingly caressed my cheek and I hugged her tight. 

After our little emotional session, I took her to her room and tucked her to bed. I kissed her forehead and turned to see that Maya was standing at the door with a smile on her face. Her eyes, shining bright, as if reflecting pride. I guess. I came out and closed the door lightly.

"What makes you smile?" I asked.

"You know, these days people prefer to live away from their parents to get rid of them. They try to enjoy their life and their privacy. But, you. You are different and amazing. The way you hold on to the family together and keep  everyone happy, makes me so so proud of you. I'm really happy that I fell for a man who believes in staying and living together." Her eyes shone with pride and happiness, fluttered my heart.

"I have always believed that no matter what, do what makes you happy. And, my family makes me happy. I would never ever leave them for anything. And, now the cherry on top, I have the most precious member of my family with me. You. And trust me when I say, I am way too greedy to let my family and myself lose you. So, now you're stuck with me. Forever." I said, pulling her close by her waist and placed my lips on her forehead.