7. Alejandro

I was looking down at the knife in my hands. It was already covered in blood. My dad forced my head up by pulling on my neck. "Kill him Alejandro."

I look at my best friend of five years, Nick, who was tied to a chair beaten and bloody. He hadn't done anything wrong other than becoming my friend. That was his biggest mistake.

"I-I can't dad." he slapped me across the face and I took it in silence. My hands were shaking

"Don't call me that until you can prove your loyalty." Nick was here to show my dad I can be a real mafia man. If I didn't kill him then I was not loyal

"Please." I whispered. Nick was crying. He didn't want to die. He just got into Yale "Please don't make me."

"You're going to lose your spot in the mafia over this tiny boy! Alejandro you're weak." he spat

"L-let me prove it another way! I can't kill him!" tears threatened to escape my eyes.

My dad took the gag off Nick. His sobs grew louder "Ale it's okay." he whispered

"It's not" I was shaking my head so much I thought it would come off "It's not Nick." I started to cry with him. Would Matteo and Bella have to go through this as well?

Nick was my only escape from this life. I couldn't lose him. He was good to me and my family. He watched movies with Bella and cooked with Matteo. "Ale clocks ticking kill him or else."

My dad had  made me watch as he cut and beat Nick. earlier "Why him?" I cried

My dad took my hand and forced it up to Nicks throat. I tried to fight him but it was useless. He was like a brick wall; nothing I could do could get him to move or show he had been hurt "You know why."  I shut my eyes as I struggled away. I had gotten out of his grip for a mere moment "Guards."

His guards grabbed me and forced me back over to him. My hand held then knife placed at Nicks throat again "I'm so sorry." I looked away.

"I forgive you." My dads hand was on mine again and then I felt the blood pour onto my fingers as my knife broke skin. I heard screams turn into silence as I sobbed.

"You're weak." he snapped signaling for more of his men to come near "Now dispose of him." I was hurried out of the room without looking back at Nick. The thought of seeing his dead body made me feel sick

My body jolted up again and I was screaming in terror. The sight of his beat body haunting my vision. The light turned on, and two small hands were on my bicep. "Alejandro." I looked down at Abby "You need to calm down."

My hands shook as I looked down to make sure there was no blood "I can't breath"

"Take a shower. I'm going back to bed."

"Abby-"

"You're fine Alejandro you're not dead." I stood up almost losing balance as I did. "Babe?"

"Yeah."

"Turn the light off please." I signed and walked back over to the lap to shut it off.

...

I grabbed my coat off the rack by Abby's apartment door "I'm going home i'll see you later!" I yelled from the door. She's in the kitchen making breakfast.

My phone started ringing as I walked out, and shut the door behind me. I looked down to see Bella calling "Alejandro Armani De Luca! Why have you not been picking up my calls."