Chapter 10 : Not A Dream

Two days had wizzed by; I had no time to read as expected. Meetings for measurements to be made for my wedding gown, picking food for the wedding banquet, choosing the invitation envelopes and sending them off, packing my things and taking Tucker to go on a ride when I had time to spare; I was going to miss him but I'd come back to visit.

I had officially given in to this wedding, he didn't even like me, he wouldn't care to be controlling at all; I thought.

"Ouch- ow-oww!" I let out as my hair was being styled into some funky bun at the top of my head, dressed in a veil, behind the diamond -jewelled tiara.

Once again I peered into the mirror at my complexion. It didn't look like me. At all.My snowy skin looked paler than usual and my chubby pink cheeks had sunken in, due to the stress and not having time to eat, casting shadows onto my face.

My glossy, brown eyes appeared large, almost as if they were bulging out and would pop if I missed a blink.

"You look gorgeous!" Charlotte complemented.

"You've gotten slimmer too." Mother added.

" Mother added

It was true. My waist looked cinched in the white, lace-detailed corset I wore and my collarbones stood out above the sweetheart neck of the corset.

The big, puffy white gown looked gorgeous but all the layers underneath made it hard to walk. I felt malnourished; since yesterday, I was surviving on water.

I didn't have much hope on getting food today either because of the stupid rule: 'tHe brIDe cAnt EaT aT hER owN wEddINg.'

Before I knew it, I was walking down the aisle, then unenthusiastically repeating my wedding vowels I had practiced whilst riding my horse yesterday.

Hugo didn't look at me once throughout the day, even when putting on my wedding ring; we didn't talk either. We sat at the back of the royal Arcanian carriage with Hugo on the way back to his castle. His eyes did not leave the window view.

The carriage horse suddenly stopped and my body jerked forward, my head hitting the seat in front causing a concussion.

I held my head in both hands trying not to make a sounds but tears escaped my eyes and anyone near me could clearly hear me sobbing. I started crying, not just because of the pain but because of this whole situation.

I was leaving everyone whom I loved: my family, Tucker, Emma, as well as everything I loved: the village library, sneaking the village kids into the castle to play hide and seek and obviously, going on rides with Tucker.

I felt someone watching me sob and looked up, straight at Hugo, he looked at my makeup-smeared, wet-from-tears face in disgust before going back to looking out the window.

Careless jerk.

I thought he would care for once. I continued to pour my eyes out into my hands until I felt a handkerchief thrown at the side of my face.

Wow.

He could at least show some affection; we were married now wether he liked it or not. We finally reached the castle and I dried my face with the handkerchief before loudly blowing my nose into it.

Hugo had left  me alone in the carriage, with the heavy suitcases, as soon as we arrived. The carriage driver helped me carry the suitcases to the castle door before leaving. I stood there waiting for someone, feeling more lost than ever.

Luckily I had caught the eye of a maid and she escorted me to my bedroom. Correction: mine and Hugo's bedroom. Ugh.

I don't know why I didn't realise this earlier but today would be my first night. I hated him and I'm sure he hated me so I doubted anything would happen; just the thought of it grossed me out.

I weakly dragged my suitcases inside feeling dizzy. my stomach growled, waiting to be fed. I had to wait till breakfast. Whilst dragging the last suitcase inside, my head felt as though it was spinning; I could see stars.

I rapidly blinked to come back to my senses. I closed the door and snatched the tiara and veil off my head and throwing it into the floor before pulling out my hair from the tight bun it was in.

That was the last thing I remember doing before collapsing onto the ground.