Leaving

(Ryker)

After parting ways with Elias, I made my way to my brother's room in hopes of talking to him about this mess we had both landed ourselves in. I know that he probably had numerous questions, so I'm hoping to try to answer them as best as I could for him.

Talking to Elias earlier, somehow brought on a new realization that I would have to try harder to win him over. I know that I fucked up our chance of ever having a relationship in the beginning when I wanted to kill him, when I sent him back to the forest to die.

I am still confused about my sexuality, the bond between Elias, and I was stronger now, and it was making it hard for me to keep to myself.

I was blaming the bond for making me follow him around like a lovesick puppy who could not be away from its master for too long.

My parents were still pushing me, hoping to have Elias as our Luna/alpha, but I wasn't sure if I like it or not. I knocked on my brother's door after announcing my presence, and he asked me to come in, which I did.

"Everything ok?” I asked and he shook his head. He was sitting on the bed with his down, my heartbreaking from the sight of seeing him so defeated.

"How the fuck am I supposed to do this? Because of our bond, I was also rejected by him even if Elias did not mean it. Now I have no mate, I am not even sure if I have a second chance mate out there.” I nodded my head as I listened to my brother, noticing how broken he was because of this. It was my fault, my twin was in pain and I did not know how to help him.

“You need to find something to do to get your mind off things, find a distraction of a sort. We were both supposed to be alphas because of our genes, so why not take up that position?” I asked for a suggestion, something he could think over. He peeks up at me as his eyes showed their remaining tears that he was trying desperately to get rid of.

“You know, I'm the immature one here, I'm not really ready for that type of responsibility. I won't be able to function properly, watching you with Elias and knowing he was supposed to be my mate as well. That's why I'm leaving.” My mouth fell open as I looked at my brother, I was left in shock because I couldn't believe what he had said.

“Leaving? You belong here, Ryland so you can't just run because something didn't go your way.” He growled as he got up off the bed, pacing as anger radiated off him in waves.

“Because something didn't go my way? Fuck your beliefs, Ryker. I know you didn't want a mate but shit, the moon goddess herself made sure you got one as what, a punishment? And I'm left to mend my broken heart. A mate is not something you joke about, you saw how much pain I was in from a mere rejection that wasn't meant for me. I have to leave so that I can search for my second chance mate because I won't sit back and act like everything is fucking alright.” He shook his head while pulling at his hair, making him look so vulnerable. I hated seeing him like this, he was always smiling, and now he's on the verge of breaking.

“You always run when things get too much for you, then show your face when you feel it's best to. You once said that you wanted us to talk, to go back to the way we once were. Is this the way you intend to leave things between us? You fucking run and expect me to just be ok with it?” I asked, feeling my temper rising.

“It is what it is. I have to do this for me, not for you, but for me. You should focus more on Elias, since the both of you have accepted each other. His warlock side is dormant, try to help him find his way or his soul will only wander again. You don't want to lose him in the end.” The way he said that seems as if he knew something, like this was foreshadowing at some point.