The darker side of things

(Elias)

Over the weeks, everything seemed normal so far. They held a ceremony for kai and I, making us officially a Luna of the pack. I chose that title instead of being an alpha because Ryker was already the alpha here, and I felt like I was cheating fate, so I went with the Luna title. I wasn't born an alpha, so it was better that way.

I was making a lot of progress here, which was new. I didn't hate the dark sea pack anymore, as it became my home away from home. Today is the 7th of June and the day I was making plans with everyone here in the office on how I was going to enter my parents' pack. I wanted to do this as quickly as I can so that I could get it out of the way. There was no use in dragging this out when I have better things to do with my life.

Ryker on the other hand had proven to me that he really did change. Even though we were still going to therapy and getting the help we needed, he did make some changes on his own. He had stopped killing rogues and even offered some a place to stay. They are nice people, just didn't have a home. One of them was mile's mate, Ethan. Ryker didn't have any say in that, and he couldn't do anything about it even if he wanted because miles and Ethan had accepted each other.

'What about your aunt Andrea?' I asked Raina who was also here, because she needed to hear what was going on. She's going to travel with me to my parent's pack, so it was better for her to be here.

“I was trying to summon her, but she's MIA. I don't know why or how, but she's not replying to my calls.” Raina responded and I nodded my head. I was hoping that I could talk to her, but I guess that would have to wait until another time.

“When are you planning on doing this?” Ryker asked. He seemed mad about the idea of me going back to the one place I was banished from, but he didn't have any say in this. I had to find out about my powers and as far as I can tell, my parents knew something I didn't.

'Tomorrow.' Came my short reply. Ryker's eyes became wide because of the answer I gave him. It didn't matter, though because no one was going to change my mind.

“That's too soon. You still need to recover from them and from what I did to you. Going back to the place that caused you the most trauma will only be a setback for you.” Ryker argues, but like I said, I wasn't going to change my mind.

'It will be the same if I do this now or later. I'm doing this now so that I can get it out of the way, it's not like I'll be going alone. I don't need you to worry about me all the damn time.' I snapped angrily because I was tired of the way he was babying me. I'm nineteen years old, not nine months old. I can take care of my damn self.

“Can you excuse us for a moment, please?” I raised my eyebrow at Ryker when he asked everyone to leave. Raina was a bit hesitant, but she eventually left after I told her I was ok.

“Last time I checked, you're my mate. Of course, I'm going to worry about you.” Yeah, he was right, but every so often it can be too overbearing. I didn't want him or anyone else to watch over me all the damn time like I was incompetent. He made his way over to me, taking my hand in his before pulling me up from my seat and hugging me.

“I admit that I wasn't the best mate back then, but this is me making up for all the things I've done to you in the past. I don't want you to fight me on this, Elias, but of course, I'm going to win all the time.” Cocky bastard. I rolled my eyes before pulling away from him. I was still getting used to him being loving towards me.

'It's not that I don't like the gesture, Ryker, I just don't like it when you think that I would always need your help. The only things I've lost are my voice and powers, that doesn't mean I am less of a man and won't be able to take care of myself.' It was no use arguing with him. It's like he was adamant about making sure I was alright no matter what.

“Trust me, I know that you're all male baby, I've had the pleasure of experiencing that for myself. But that's beside the point. I only want to make sure no one hurts you because you've been hurt too many times already. It's time to start a new life, one that's filled with happiness.” Well, that had me cringing. I grimaced at his words and told him to shut up.

He eventually let everyone in so that we could resume our conversation. It was set, I was going back to the Green Bay pack to see my parents. I just hope that I would be able to enter their land without any fight. Maybe I can see my brother as well, it would mean a lot to me to be able to spend some time with him, but I knew that wasn't in store for me.

They'll teach him to hate me when he gets older, like they already did. It was stupid of me to think so, but I couldn't see past that. The things my parents did to me back then, and what I'm sure they would still do to me now. It's sad, though, that I had a sibling out there, and I wouldn't get to spend any time with him because of the hatred my parents had for me. I just wish that there was a way to go back in time and change this, but there isn't, and I'm stuck in this mess with them with no way out.

Looking at everyone here in the office with me, I can see how much they respected me and cared for me. Miles was saying he was going to be there to protect me as well as Damian and Ryland. I know now that I would need all the protection I can get if I was going to face the monsters who once made my life a living hell.