Chapter 36

When Jin tried pushing the front door to the Jeon mansion open, he was somehow surprised to find the door completely unlocked. With all the lights still turned on, shimmering brightly in the right places.

Jimin walked up behind Jin, before shutting the door behind them.

Asides the obvious mess the place was currently in for the past month, nothing else seemed out of place. Maybe the eerie and absolute quietness of the house, did bother them at first, but that was just about it.

Walking towards the back of the house, Jin exhales sharply, shaky breaths escaping his lips with each steps, when eventually sets eyes on the very pool Minho had drowned in. The water had since been drained out, leaving it a dump site for several dead leaves and grasses.

Jimin sighed, "Is this why he was putting the house up for sale? This place looks a complete mess" he says, deep brown eyes curiously raking over the entire dried up pool.

Jin nodded his head in agreement, "I think so too"

Returning back to the living room, Jin ditches observing any further as he makes his way up the stairs, and towards his and Jungkook's former bedroom. Feeling his chest tighten at the familiar sight of the baby crib in the room, Jin held on to a wall for desperate support of any kind. Witnessing this, Jimin quickly rushed towards him, and held him in place.

"Was this a bad idea Jinnie? Should we just leave?" He asked, looking at his friend wipe off a tear drop, that had unintentionally escaped the corner of his eye.

De-tangling himself from Jimin's grasp, Jin walked even further into the room and specifically towards the crib. He saw a Winnie the pooh comforter, draped over the edge of the crib.

Eyeing the piece of clothing curiously, Jin says "I honestly do not remember Minho ever having this,"

Jimin's face contorted into a frown, "what? c'mon, It's not like you were able to take note of everything Minho owned. I'm sure he's always had it, maybe you bought it and totally forgot"

Jin turned to face him, a little annoyed, "No way, I know what I'm saying Minnie, I've never seen this, my baby never had this"

With a shrug of his shoulders, Jimin peered at the piece of clothing for a while, before he then said, "Well, it doesn't really matter now I guess" he says, careful with his words so not to say the wrong things to Jin.

When Jin exhaled for the nth time, he dropped the comforter back unto the crib, and held Jimin by the arm. "You're right, maybe coming here was a huge mistake. We should leave right now"

Without giving Jimin a minute to say a word, Jin already walked out of the room abruptly. Jimin having no choice, followed cautiously behind him.

On their way down the stairs, Jimin somehow notices an open door at the far end of the hall, glooming lowly with dim lights. "What's over there?" He asks Jin, who had already made it down the fleet of stairs in split seconds.

Allowing his eyes to follow in Jimin's direction, Jin's brows furrowed in confusion. Never once, since marrying to Jungkook, had he ever been allowed to go into that room, not once!.

Curiosity got the best of Jin as he immediately climbed up the fleet of stairs again. His steps, steady and fast, walking eagerly in the direction of the room.

Pushing the door open in one go, Jin's facial features further contorted in more confusion than he was already in. As he could only make out a single chair in the middle of the room, with what appeared to be a camera of some sort, hinged to a tripod stand. All his life, Jin has always believed in respecting peoples space and privacy. But at a moment like this, the more he tried to make sense of the only two objects in front of him, the more things spiraled out of control.