Chapter 41

Bells and chimes of festivities could be heard all around the city, as some families alongside their young ones dragged down the trees to be decorated for the season, while others were out and about busy with grocery shopping for large family dinners and get togethers. Fading whites of smoke emitted through chimneys of various homes, as everyone tried their very best to stay warm admist the constant blizzards of snow.

The bustle was no different back at Jin's cafe, as he somehow managed to sell twice as much hot coffee compared to other seasons. For some business owners, like himself, winter was indeed one of his favorite time of the year.

As he smiled politely towards a customer, he could see Jimin making his way into the cafe, with little Yumi strapped tightly to his chest, covering her body with his small frame.

"You could have waited for the snow to die down Minnie, do you want her to catch a cold?" Jin questions, walking out from behind the counter and taking a giggling Yumi into his arms. Where he then proceeded to place a kiss on her pink cheeks.

Jimin only rolled his eyes, shrugging out of his wet jacket as he walked into the back room to get himself an hanger.

Jin turned his attention to the baby in his arms, flashing her a gorgeous smile. "He's mad at us isn't he? but do we care though?"

Yumi made low cooing noises at Jin, and this instantly made Jin's smile grow even wider, "I know you get me, you always do, and that's why I love you so much!" he says, twirling her around in the air.
**********

The man crouched down to knee level, placing a bouquet of fresh flowers on the marbled tiles covered in white. Smiling to himself, he ghosted his cold fingers through his now long hair, exhaling through his almost frozen nostrils.

The footsteps behind him got louder, until a male voice eventually called out to him.

"Mr Jeon" he called out, running up to Jungkook with a thick jacket, which he in turn draped over his shoulders as Jungkook stood up to his feets.

"Sir I've looked everywhere for you, I was supposed to pick you up from the airport, but by the time I got there, you were nowhere to be found. I had to call Mr Min who then told me to check for you here, are you okay sir? Did you get here on your own?"

Jungkook turns around eventually, giving the male a small smile, accompanied by an apologetic bow. "I'm sorry about that, I really missed my kids and I urgently needed to see them, it's been over five years since I last saw them" he informed, his voice sounding hoarse due to how cold he'd gotten.

The young man smiled, nodding his head in understanding, "Welcome home sir, Mr Min gave me instructions on where to take you, should we be on our way now? The car is parked out front"

Jungkook looked around absentmindedly for a few seconds, as if trying to get familiar with his environment again. "How's my mother?" He suddenly questions, starring expectantly at the male.

"She's fine sir, Mr Min made sure she was well taken care of in your absence. Would you like to see her? Should I take you to her?"

Jungkook shook his head, drawing in a sharp breath, "that will not be necessary, as long as she's fine then that's fine with me"

The male nodded in acknowledgment, opting to change the conversation instead, "we should get you home then, the snow is getting worse" He said, pointing out the obvious.

"Can I please see Seokjin before you take me home?" Jungkook asks.

The young man nodded, "Sure sir, we better be on our way before we get hit by a blizzard" he says, leading the way as Jungkook diligently followed behind him.