𝟐𝟖

Jisung carefully began to ascend the steps. Although the heavy amount of creaking made him anxious, he was prepared to risk it for Minho.

"Is someone there?" Minho asked again. Jisung could tell he sounded out of it, clearly feeling confused and worried. But he could also tell that the voice was a lot closer now, and when he spotted a pair of brown boots, he knew he'd found him.

"Minho." Jisung spoke carefully so as not to spook the boy any more. "It's me." He wasn't sure what took over him; maybe it was the unbeatable force of love, but as soon as his feet hit the platform where Minho was sitting—back against the wall, legs straight out—he came crashing down on him.

Minho seemed to instantly relax as Jisung dove into his arms, his body collapsing on top of his. The younger man instantly buried his face in Minho's neck, thankful that he was safe.

"So you did go ahead." Jisung spoke, his lips moving against the skin of Minho's neck as he talked. "Don't scare me like that."

Minho didn't say much; he just wrapped Jisung Uo tightly in his arms, his head lolling back to rest against the wall of the silo. "Minho?" Jisung asked, confused as to why he was so silent.

Jisung's eyes shifted over the small platform where Minho had situated himself. It was mostly empty, with only a small pile of leaves in the corner. But what puzzled him was a brown leather coat, which lay discarded at Minho's side. It was new and most definitely expensive, and there were still droplets of rain on it.

Neither of us brought a coat, so where did this come from?

Minho remained silent, and this really scared Jisung. Something was off about the whole thing.

This doesn't seem right.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked, attempting to crane his neck to look up at Minho. "Why did you—" he was spooked nonetheless when Minho suddenly jolted back to life, as though he wasn't even present moments ago. What scared him the most, however, was the name Minho called out as he peered down at Jisung with glossy eyes. "Bang chan!"

Now Jisung felt like he was the one who was going to cry. What was going on? None of this made any sense, and it was really starting to mess with his head. He remembered Bang Chan, the muscular man who danced with Minho that night at the party.

"I'm afraid. I heard somebody down below." Minho spoke in a hushed whisper, his nails digging into the skin of Jisung's hips. "I thought I'd die of fright, Bang Chan."

Jisung scowled, not trying to hide his frustration. He pulled himself away from Minho, to which the other responded with a frown. "What're you saying? I'm Jisung. Pull yourself together."

He could see the gears turning in Minho's head as the taller man furrowed his brows. Then, it clicked. "Jisung." He spoke, this time more sure of himself.

Jisung nodded. Whatever was going on, Minho was clearly not in the right state of mind. Was he delirious? Could that happen when someone gets so afraid?

"This is embarrassing. I want to be brave for you, but... but I haven't got the courage, Sung." Minho's eyes cast downward, watching as his fingers fidgeted in his lap. Jisung placed his hand on top of Minho's.

"You do have courage. You came here." And it was true; he was proud of Minho for making it here on his own, even climbing up the staircase. He was still upset, however, that Minho had left him all alone.

Minho gave him a small smile, appreciative of Jisung's company. Jisung tried to get up; his knees slightly buckled as he stood above Minho. All that walking, accompanied by running, had made his legs incredibly sore. He needed to rest, and so did Minho.

"Let's go home?" Jisung asked, but it wasn't really a question. He didn't want to spend any longer in the silo. Minho may be brave, but Jisung was not.

As Minho was about to stand up, a loud noise made the two of them freeze in their tracks. There was lighting; they could see it from the open window; it lit up the whole field white.