𝟑𝟏

here is where all the lore is explained so DO NOT SKIP ‼️‼️

It was bright and sunny outside. Jisung always thought the outdoors looked most beautiful after heavy rain. Tiny droplets of water clung to the vegetables in the garden, the flowers out front, and the railing of his balcony.

There were three knocks on his door, warning him that someone was about to come in. The knob turned slowly, and in came Setsu, a soft smile on her lips. "Jisung-kun." She sounded relieved, to say the least. Compared to the night before, Jisung's skin looked much more vibrant and alive, and he felt better too.

Jisung was standing barefoot on the balcony, inhaling the fresh air. It smelled nice. The smell of the flowers had been carried up by the wind, and it was a nice change from the stuffy confinement of his bedroom.

"Seungmin-Kun's here for you." Sestu said, approaching Jisung from behind and giving him a light tap on the shoulder.

Jisung nodded. He was excited to see Seungmin again, and he still felt guilty about how he treated him that night at the silo. "Thanks."

Setsu followed behind Jisung as he made his way to the door, sliding on his shark flip-flops. Kiyomasa had bought him a pair at the fish market, and he thought they looked cute.

"You could see him in your room." Setsu raised her eyebrows, a little surprised to see Jisung so chipper and moving about as if nothing had happened and he hadn't been on the verge of pneumonia the previous night.

"No," Jisung wanted to get out of the house; he didn't like being stuck in one place. "It's nice outside."

Seungmin sat on the porch, a striped beach towel under him. Setsu had insisted they sit on something that wasn't so wet as to not dirty their clothes, and so there they were, legs criss-crossed and facing each other. There was a small satchel in Seungmin's lap, and off to the side was a little pink package tied neatly with a ribbon.

"Seungmin-kun." Jisung greeted him with a bow, to which Seungmin responded with a big smile and a kick in the shin. "Here," Seungmin said, snatching the package off the towel. "A get-well gift." He looked proud of himself as he handed the present to Jisung, who graciously accepted it with curious eyes.

Just as Jisung was about to untie the ribbon, Seungmin spoke again. "Also," he unclasped the front pocket of his satchel, carefully pulling out a thick stack of papers, which Jisung recognized almost instantly. It was the missing diary entry's.

"This is what made me think you might be at the silo." Seungmin glanced around to make sure nobody was eavesdropping—specifically Setsu—before shuffling over so that Jisung could see what was written on the pages.

"And this is...?" Jisung examined the pages; the handwriting looked well; it was a bit rushed, but he could tell it was Minho's.

Seungmin tapped his finger on one of the pages, right underneath a signature that was signed on each page—Minho's signature. "The rest of the diary you promised to read."

So there it was, in front of him. It was possible that one of the entries held the missing piece, and Jisung would finally be able to figure out who Minho really was. "I impressed myself." Seungmin smirked, revealing a small canvas no larger than a CD case. It reminded him of a children's painting; it was messy but colorful. A painting of a young boy waving to whomever drew the picture.