5.

The next night...

Thursday | 9:07 p.m.
October 20, 2016

Omniscient

Shiloh stood outside of the gates of his old high school, staring out at the football field, reminiscing on how he and Antoinette used to come to the games.

To his surprise, yesterday he'd arrived home to discover that she'd moved out with their daughter. He figured she'd maybe checked into a hotel, so he called every hotel he could think of to see if anybody had checked in under her name. When nobody confirmed that she'd been checked in to the many hotels he'd called, the thought of going home to her parents crossed his mind for a split second. She was close with her parents, but he knew her well enough to know that the truth about their marriage was too embarrassing to want to share with them. He'd grown tired of calling around and had decided to start pulling up on her friends. He'd pulled up on Charmaine and went looking through her house only to come up empty-handed. He'd attempted to pull up on Karla, but unbeknownst to him, she'd moved into a new house two months ago and he didn't have that address. He was sure that that was where Antoinette and his daughter were staying.

He'd blown up her phone all day, begging her to meet him tonight at the high school at 8 p.m. Antoinette had never told him she would, but she also never said that she wouldn't. Shiloh had been waiting for over an hour, and he was about to leave when he heard footsteps.

"Why am I here?" Antoinette asked, folding her arms as he avoided turning around to face her.

"Shiloh I don't have time for this

"Shiloh I don't have time for this. I was nice enough to come here when everything in me was telling me—"

"Remember when we used to sit in those bleachers every Friday night clowning—"

"Oh, you wanna reminisce now? You're a husband now?" Antoinette raised an eyebrow, tapping her foot against the pavement.

"Ann..." He turned to face her. "I know you're angry. I know you're hurt, but look at us." He said, holding his arms out, staring into her eyes. Antoinette sucked her teeth and looked off.