15. (Part 2)

A/N: Please excuse whatever mistakes you may find until I come back and fully edit this chapter.

• •

Omniscient

Omniscient

Macie eyed Shiloh as the two of them sat across from each other at the table in the corner of the bedroom. She couldn't believe that this was the child she'd raised for 4 years. It was true he was a grown man and could do and say what he wanted, but she thought he'd have a little more respect for her. She was the only real mother figure he'd ever had and he was sitting here all nonchalant as if he didn't care to see or speak to her.

King should've been downstairs to keep an eye on his guests but the tension between Shiloh and their mother told him he should stay. He sat on the end of the bed scrolling through his phone but he was all ears in case things went left. After the loss of her husband, Macie stopped going to church. She hadn't taken in any more children to fulfill the emptiness in her heart or the loneliness she felt in her home. She couldn't bear the heartbreak of raising another child and that child breaking her heart the way Shiloh had. The once sweet woman he remembered her to be was gone. King could've told Shiloh about how much she'd changed but Shiloh wasn't open to hearing anything related to his parents so King left it alone.

"Look at you..." Macie said, looking him up and down in disgust and disbelief. The smug look on his face as she expressed herself spoke volumes.

"Mhm look at me." Shiloh huffed. She was nagging more than his wife ever had and he was in no mood to hear it.

"Lo chill." King looked up from his phone.

"Chill? I'm sitting here when I don't wanna be and you want a nigga to chill? I didn't ask to see nor speak to the bitch and I'm supposed to chill?"

"Lo!" King yelled.

"Call me another bitch goddamn it and that'll be the last time you fix your disrespectful ass mouth to call another woman a bitch." Macie threatened. "As mad as I am I will fuck you up, Shiloh. I didn't bring you into this world but I—"

"Save the goddamn speech." Shiloh frowned. "If you were really cut like that, pops wouldn't be dead, and the nigga who robbed him would be taken care of. And I don't mean thrown in jail."

"Lo chill the fuck out!" King stood. Macie had told Shiloh about how his father had passed during an attempted robbery in a store parking lot only for him to throw it in her face.

"Nah." Macie put her hand up for King to sit as her eyes remained on Shiloh. "I've got him." She stood and walked around the table. Shiloh tried to stand but before he could, she placed her hand on his broken shoulder and squeezed, pushing him back down.

"Ah, shit!" Shiloh cried out. "FUCK!"

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? I don't know how you talk to the woman who was dumb enough to marry your ass but don't you ever talk to me like that. Do you understand me?" Macie clenched her jaw.