17. (Part 2)

Omniscient
Emil and Ann had sat down for breakfast and when they were done they decided to cuddle on the sofa to watch television. Being in his arms felt wrong when she'd slept with Shiloh two days ago. To a person on the outside, it wasn't completely wrong because they were still husband and wife. If anything a person would judge her and say she'd stepped outside of her marriage having Emil as a boyfriend. They were separated but it wasn't a legal separation. It was still infidelity even if she and Shiloh didn't live together and were no longer emotionally or physically in a relationship.

As Emil pulled her in closer, her body tensed up. He noticed but thought he was tripping so he did it again just to test it out and when she pulled away a bit, that was confirmation that he hadn't been.

"What's going on Ann?" He asked, removing his arm from around her shoulder. He always noticed when something was off with her.

Emil was affectionate, caring, considerate, and protective. Since the night Antoinette had left Shiloh and asked him to meet her, he'd protected her. It was he who'd paid for a place for her and Shyanne. Though they weren't anything he talked to her every day and made sure she had everything she needed. However, the closer they got over the years the more his feelings started to grow. Unfortunately, he didn't let her know and dated other women while still looking after her.

He'd moved into his mothers' home after one of them had passed away. His biological mother Alina was still living. Her wife Claire had died of natural causes and she'd decided to start traveling the world. She took time to grieve but she didn't want to be one of those people who let grief eat her alive. After Claire's passing, she saw just how short life could be and she wanted to make the best of whatever time she had left.

Alina had found herself pregnant with Emil by her boss many years ago. He'd been legally separated from his wife when they'd shared a night of passion. He wasn't thrilled when she informed him that she was pregnant. He desperately wanted to make his marriage work and if his wife knew about an outside child when she couldn't have any there'd be no reconciliation.

Alina was paid off and stopped working for him. She never expected to meet Claire shortly after and fall in love. Clair and Alina had been all Emil had known as parents. It wasn't until 6 years ago that his biological father had passed and shocked not only Emil but his wife as well when he'd left him a lump sum of money and a 4-page apology letter.

"Antoinette..." Emil said sternly. She was suppressing something and he couldn't just sit here and ignore it. Had it been why she hadn't shown up for their date Friday night? "Talk to me baby." He grabbed her hand and she pulled it away and stood up.

"Let's just end this." She told him.

"What?" Emil's eyebrow raised before he stood. "What are you talking about? End it? What's going on?"

He wouldn't dare ask if it was something he'd done because he was confident enough to know he'd done everything right and done nothing but love her. Maybe he'd loved her a little too strongly.

"It's just not working. We don't fit. I just think we should call it quits. I appreciate everything you've done Emil but we can't do this anymore." She started rambling on as she walked back and forth.

"Give me a reason why," Emil said calmly as he folded his arms. If she could give him a real reason then he'd understand. However, the things that were coming out of her mouth made no sense.

How didn't they fit when they spent every waking moment together and under one another? How didn't they fit when she told him every day and night how much she loved him? How didn't they fit when they showed each other just how much they loved each other instead of just always saying it? If Antoinette wanted to end it then it was fine but Emil wanted more than what she was trying to sell him because he wasn't buying it.