24.

12:07 a.m.

Omniscient Emil stood in the middle of the hospital waiting room with tears in his eyes talking to his captain

Omniscient
Emil stood in the middle of the hospital waiting room with tears in his eyes talking to his captain. He'd rushed over to Emil's house immediately after receiving a text from his daughter Evelyn. She worked as a 911 dispatcher and she'd received the call about gunshots and screaming coming from Emil's address. Captain Blake had known Emil way before he'd made detective and since he didn't have any sons he looked at him as one. Emil would sometimes visit for dinner with Captain Blake's wife and two daughters and would attend things they'd invite him out to. He'd been distant though and hadn't seen his captain outside of work in a year.

"I have to do something." Emil sniffled. His heart racing in his chest. It felt like the room was closing in on him from how worried he was about Antoinette, their unborn child, and Shyanne. There was nothing that could be done for Karla and she'd been pronounced dead at the scene. "We know who did this. We need to go arrest him right now before he—"

"I understand where you're coming from but you need to stay right here. You're needed here waiting for an update on your family." Captain Blake said.

"Here? I've been waiting for God knows how long and I need to be out there arresting the bastard who did this! SHILOH DID THIS!" Emil yelled and the whole waiting room jumped and looked in their direction. Evelyn looked up from her phone. She'd never seen this side of him before and it shook her. The pain in Emil's voice and the tears in his eyes made Captain Blake want to go out there and put a bullet in Shiloh himself but they had to go by the book. They could bring him in for questioning again but they couldn't just go arrest him until there was something that linked him to what had happened tonight.

It was bad enough to Captain Blake that Emil had gotten involved with a married woman, gotten into a physical altercation with her husband, and been suspended because of it. His career was hanging on by a thread and if he moved based on emotions tonight he could kiss it goodbye completely. His career had always been his baby but his actual unborn baby was more important.

Captain Blake took Emil by the arm and pulled him off to the side because the nosy people surrounding them were all ears now.

"Now you listen to me boy..." Captain Blake put his finger in Emil's face.

" Captain Blake put his finger in Emil's face