10.

Two days later...

Friday | 1:01 p.m.
December 2, 2016

Antoinette Mackey

Antoinette Mackey

Sitting at the island, I took a piece of my glazed donut and dipped it into some milk while trying to find a song to listen to. I had plans of heading out to dinner with the girls tonight, so as of now I was just lounging around the house. Shiloh, on the other hand, was possibly irritated with me because I'd ruined his plans to hang out with the guys. We'd gone car shopping this morning, and I was purposely burning a hole in his pocket. I'd made him pay for a Jeep Wrangler and I had plans to take it out for a spin tonight with my girls. Although I hadn't heard from Charmaine in two days, I knew that when it came to spending someone else's money she'd be down for it. Tonight everything was on me. It wasn't unusual for my friends and me to go days without talking sometimes, so I wasn't worried. I was just waiting for her to return my call.

I stuffed my face as I scrolled through Instagram with Jazmine Sullivan playing in my ears.

Shyanne was with my parents and would be with them for a week, so I didn't have to worry about anything or anybody but myself

Shyanne was with my parents and would be with them for a week, so I didn't have to worry about anything or anybody but myself. Shiloh had a humerus fracture, which in simpler terms was a broken upper arm. There was no way I was going to be sitting at home tending to him when he wouldn't even tell me how it had happened. I knew that it had to be something shady. It always was when it came to him. At least that's what I believed from the many lies he'd admitted to telling me. He couldn't even lift his left arm and had to wear a brace for the next few weeks and was on pain medication because that type of injury was beyond painful. I just wanted to know who'd fucked him up, so I could thank them. He was an asshole and had obviously met his match with someone. I just wished that I could've been there to see it.

Broken arm or no broken arm, I still made him come with me to pick out a new car. He wasn't supposed to be driving, but being the man that he was, he still got in his car and went wherever he wanted with one arm. I didn't bother questioning where he went at this point because the marriage was fake. At my parents' anniversary party, he claimed that he was actually in love with me, but everything he said now went in one ear and out the other.