21.

Go back and vote and comment. I'm sure you skipped that trying to speed-read. 🤣

• •

2 days later...

Sunday | 3:34 p.m.
September 8, 2019

Omniscient
After a well-needed nap, Shiloh decided to step outside to get some fresh air. His mother's party 2 days ago had been somewhat of a success. The tension between him and King was so thick that BK and Don didn't know whether to stay or go to avoid getting shot if these two decided to start shooting. King and Shiloh were stubborn and they'd never apologize to one another. They both felt that the other was wrong.

King thought Shiloh was wrong for dogging Antoinette and kidnapping Shyanne. He didn't think Shiloh was keeping Shyanne as a way for Antoinette to stay silent but as a way to punish her for leaving him. King wasn't dumb. Shiloh didn't wear his heart on his sleeve but King knew he had to be heartbroken the only woman who'd ever loved him for him and who'd go to war for him had left him.

Shiloh thought King was wrong for interfering with his wife and kid and making such a drastic decision to give his child to her mother. Regardless of what Shiloh had done to get Antoinette to stay silent, it wasn't King's decision to do something like that. It felt like a betrayal. It felt like King had picked a side and he'd chosen the wrong one. In Shiloh's eyes, King couldn't be trusted either.

Shiloh closed his eyes as the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze both hit his face. There was just something about the feeling of both at the same time that put him at ease as he stood in his yard. However, it didn't last long. His eyes quickly shot open when he heard a car flying down the street. It was instinct to think a speeding car flying through a neighborhood meant a drive-by. It could've been King but when he saw what type of car it was he knew what this meant. He didn't know whether to run or open fire.

"Shit." He cursed at the realization that he was probably about to be hauled off.

An officer stepped out of the driver's side but when he saw the person who'd stepped out of the passenger side, he nearly had a heart attack

"The fuck?" Shiloh furrowed his brows seeing Emil. "I just know you ain't a goddamn cop you pussy ass nigga." He mouthed off. He wanted to beat his ass because he still wasn't over the fight they'd gotten into. However, if he laid hands on him in front of the other cop he'd probably be shot or catch a charge. He was a criminal but he was one who wanted to keep his record clean so he could continue to do the illegal things he did without too much heat from the law. On paper, he appeared to be a decent guy and he wanted to keep it that way.

Emil kept a straight face as he and Officer Burton walked toward Shiloh.

"Shiloh Mackey I need you to come down to the station for some questioning," Emil said.