White Line

Ever heard a story about unknown creatures that have the ability to trap you in an endless realm where you can never escape from?

Camarines Sur, Philippines is perhaps the most beautiful place I've ever seen; along with my mother's hometown--Catanduanes (also known as the Isle of the Eastern Pacific) just nearby.

Being a place full of beaches-- 44 in total, half of these has glowing white sands scattered everwhere by the east pacific. Whenever you travel by boat and cross the right arm of the Pacific ocean, Cam. Sur will be a beautful island in sight surrounded by many little islands that is outlined by white lines-- and that would be a good sign that you find yourself a beach with white sand. You can choose which beach you would like--all are neighboring each other.

As for me and my family, we spotted this solitary island almost at the middle of the deep, sparkling ocean. The island is highlighted by a white sand beach, and guarded by two large rock formations by each side. Trees seems to look like they were trying to climb the top of the rock formation for more sunlight, while the pile of small seaweeds dance with the ocean's current near the white land; providing home for the fishes that was named by my little cousins as Dory after its blue color and colorful highlights.

After hours of staying in the island and planning to stay for a bit longer, feeling at home with the solitary island, we were being forced to leave the island before the sun drops at the horizon. It was past lunch time, but it is still very early for the sun to set--yet were still being forced to leave.

A boat came beside ours and two men walked towards the white sand, seem to be in a hurry. As the other man stormed towards the other tourists that came with us, the other approached us in the middle of our packing up. The captain of our boat had a serious-like talk with the man as we all hopped in the boat, eyes on the island as the sun begins to set--dashing orange colors at the sky.

As our boat finally left the white shore that appears to be a white line from a distance, we overheard the captain's conversation with my uncle--and from that moment on we wished our boat to move farther away from the island..

"Ano daw sabi? (What did he say?)" my uncle asked.

The captain chuckled awkwardly, he seem to have heard something he is very familiar with--but still left him uncomfortable everytime he does.

Then, he answered in their language, and after that, my grandmother and our parents also joined in with the hair raising conversation just like a bunch of kids in a campfire--telling scary stories as the boat finally take a turn, losing the sight of the solitary island and its white line.

"Pinapaalis na tayo kasi kahapon lang daw eh may mga turista daw na pumunta dun sa isla..mga 47 ata eh hindi na daw nakita kasi nawala daw bigla yung isla sabi nung kaibigan niyang mangingisda na may lambat malapit dito. Nawawala daw lahat nung turista nung lumitaw uli yung isla. Nagtakbuhan nga daw yung mga bangka palayo. Naengkanto siguro."

"The man told me that we should leave. He said that just yesterday, the island was full of tourists--and when a friend of his saw the island disappear in the middle of his visit for his net just nearby, the boats that the tourists used to reach the island is scattered everwhere, trying to get away from the place. Just earlier today, the island appeared again--only this time, empty. The 47 tourists was nowhere to be found. Maybe they were played by the engkantos in the place."

We were silent at the moment, somehow relieved to be in a distance from the island.

--*--*--

A/N

I'm beginning to hate the wattpad app in my phone. It kept on deleting my works, and its getting kinda frustrating. Sigh.

Sorry for the VERY LONG delay of updates. The app is really something. BTW, I might finish this book now. Nyahaha I was thinking if I should make a set of volumes, but with the app working like crap--guess I can't. Im really really sorry.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY WORK. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT, YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING AMAZING! :)) I LOVE YOU GUYS..  THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR FUTURE READERS..<3