The Daughter

Madie was a newly recruited nurse in a public hospital in her hometown in Calauan,Philippines. She dedicates her life for her work, she's skeptical and very industrious. Being very skeptical, she never really believed in ghosts or other entities she doesn't see. Until she was in charge of a patient in the Asylum.

She had an opportunity for a promotion few months later, and she was in charge of the patient named "Cora" in the asylum for a week. The head nurse gurantees her that this patient is very behaved, but warns her to never upset her specially when she's in business  of her long dead daughter she always talk about. She didn't even hesitate and agreed with the work assigned to her.

Cora's room is located at the second floor of the asylum to the very end of the hallway. Madie needs to check on her every meal time and every 3 hours. At the first 4 days it was smooth, and as what the head nurse said, Cora is very silent and behave- though she never really talk to Madie and she always ignore her. For that few days she knew about Cora's life before she ended up in the asylum.

Cora loves children even since she was a little girl. In fact, she's obsessed with them. She likes to comb their hair and kiss them and such. When she was in college, she had a boyfriend who accidentally made her pregnant. The guy was put into jail by Cora's parents at the tought that he raped their only daughter. Cora didn't finish her studies for the sake of her daughter until her parents died in a car accident.

Months later, she gave birth to a very beautiful girl. Although she was very happy about it, the doctors told her the bad news. Her daughter is premature, and she has organs that didn't even develop yet to be stable. Cora was frustrated that she refuse to believe what the doctors told her that her daughter would only last for three years,

She took good care of her daughter, but as the doctor said, her daughter will die. But because of her good caring, she was able to live for another year and died at the 4th year of her life. Cora was very depressed that it drove her to mental disorder, ending up in the asylum.

Madie came on the hallway with Cora's  meal on the movable table. When she got there, the room is a complete mess, like she ran around and hit some of the things in the room. Cora was already sitting on a single chair facing the window- thus facing backwards to the door where she was standing.

She enters the room and close the door behind her and push the movable table gently to Cora's side. She saw Cora holding a hairbrush and her thighs slightly spread out a little, combing into thin air with a smile. She hates to interrupt her, but she needs to feed her specially that she didn't eat the last meal she had served her.

"Cora? Here's your lunch. Eat it while its warm. It's good for your abdominal pain.." she asked gently.

Cora just glared at her.

" Can't you see I'm busy with my daughter? Just leave it there."

"But I have to make sure you eat it since you didn't even touch your meal earlie-"

Cora pushed the table away with such strength that some of the soup went out of the bowl.

"I SAID I'M BUSY!!!!!!"

After that Cora just continued brushing into thin air. Madie was desperate to feed her, and so she went to her desperate measures and pushed the movable table in front of her which Cora suddenly shrieked.

"DID YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID???!!!!!!!!!! YOU HIT HER ON HER CHEEK!!!!! YOU HIT MY DAUGHTER'S CHEEK!!!!!!!!"

And to that she throws the hairbrush at her and attacked her violently. She fell helplessly as a few nurse came inside to help her. She was very thankful that there's a camera in every room of each patients.

Cora was tied up and given a drug to calm her down. As a nurse help her towards the door, she hears a silent cry beside her. She stops, then faced the bed where 2 nurse is holding Cora's arms. She froze as she saw a little girl with a long hair crying beside Cora's bed. And then, her heart almost stopped as the little girl tilt her head to look at her- to Madie.

The little girl had a blurry face, but its clear that she was crying, and it was blood smeared from her eyes to her cheek, and as she look focusedly, she saw her left cheek a little darker than the other side.