Ended up with a family reunion

Mike is single
Nelly - Wyatt
Sabrina - Chris
Catherine - Cecilia
Ted - Marie
Ned is a lone wolf.
———————————

I slowed down the closer I got to the end of the stairs.

Caelum had left me behind after I told him to let go of me several times. He went straight to the living room were I guessed everyone else were.

Therefore I made a b-line to the kitchen, mostly to down some water because I was horrible thirsty, but also to procrastinate my meeting with the family.

To my surprise, everyone weren't in the living room. When I opened the kitchen door I was met with mom cooking, Vanessa cutting up some vegetables and to my surprise, Alex.

I really didn't mind the last one.

When they heard someone enter they all looked up at me. Mom gave me a small smile while holding her arms out for me to give her a hug.

Moms hugs are really comfortable and they never fail to make me feel safe, but when I saw Alex I knew which arms I really needed to be in. So many things have happened in just a few hours and it all made me want to disappear with him and never come back.

Too bad we couldn't show anyone what we really were to each other. Everyone thought we were childhood friends and nothing more. For now that is what we are gonna roll with, especially after the news of our older siblings being together.

"Wow you really kissed that floor with passion. Almost making me jealous " Alex whispered the last sentence so only I could hear it. He studied my forehead a small laugh in his remark.

The comment made his sister slap the back of his head.

"Aii!" He hissed rubbing his head. "She knows I'm joking." Looking at his sister in disbelief.

"You don't make jokes about a girl's looks." Vanessa told her younger brother while beckoning me to come to her.

"You should teach that to your boyfriend. First thing he did was comment on how bad I look." I pouted.

Vanessa just looked at me, then she gave me a hug. "It's been so long! I haven't seen you in over two years." She brought me out of the hug again and studied me from top to bottom.

"Look at you! Leana, I hope you know your daughter is becoming a beautiful young lady. Boys. or girls—" She gave me a wink, making me blush. "—must be lining up to take you on dates! Oh you have to call me the next time you're going out, I would love to do your hair and makeup!" She squealed.

Alex grumbled a little at the mention of dates and boys. God, keeping our relationship a secret is going to kill him.

"Don't I know." Mom came up to us and looked at me with the same adoration Vanessa had, only mom had a few tears in the corner of her eyes.

"You are very beautiful, and almost all grown up. Lucky for your father and brothers it hasn't been a whole lot of boyfriend talk, I thought they would have tired themselves out by now, but you are either very good at hiding it or your prioritizing is top notch. Hoping for the last one since I haven't heard of anything." She mumbled the last thing mostly to herself but we heard. Vanessa just winked at me again.

Does she know anything? I gave Alex a side stare, he didn't seem to notice his sister winking. Maybe he actually can keep his mouth shut.

"Alex, would you mind setting the table?" Alex nodded at moms request, getting out the plates and glasses.

After I downed a cup of water I followed Alex to the dining room with the cutlery.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as soon as we were out of earshot.