Photos

3rd Person POV:

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, his head pounding slightly. He squinted his eyes to adjust to the sudden light as he felt himself lying on the ground. It was soft, definitely not the park sidewalk he was just on.

His eyes had finally adjusted before he  slowly sat up looking around the room he was in. It was a big, navy blue and gold themed bedroom. Pictures were hung on the walls and there were a few abstract sculptures around the room. There were also some plants and chairs placed around the open space of the room.

Taehyung looked around confused until he saw someone stand up from the bed. He quickly turned to the standing figure and saw someone who looked strangely similar to Jungkook. he looked as if he had grown into all of his features. his hair was different, and his body was a lot more built. He looked good.

"Taehyung?" The man said and Taehyung knew that voice too well. That voice hadn't left him alone for the past three weeks.

Taehyung only nodded, feeling extremely confused.

"It's me, Jungkook." Jungkook said as he slowly walked closer to Taehyung.

"Jungkook? Wha- What happened?" I asked looking him up and down in shock.

"I don't know, but you need to look in a mirror." He said slowly pulling a dazed Taehyung to the vanity mirror in the mysterious room.

As soon as Taehyung saw his face, he started to panic.

He brought his hands up to his face and started to lightly tap his face.

He looked older, like he had also grown into his features. His hair was longer and his jaw was more defined. His shoulders were broader and his ears were more proportional to his face.

"What? What's going on?" Taehyung asked in a panicked voice, looking into Jungkook's eyes through the mirror.

"I don't know." Jungkook said, running a hand through his hair in stress.

"How did we get here? Why do we look older?" Taehyung started to bombard as he turned to face a panicked Jungkook.

"I don't know, Taehyung. I woke up the same way you did. On the floor, suddenly older in this giant bedroom. I have no idea what is going on." Jungkook said in a fast, stern voice.

Jungkook let out a sigh before sitting back on the side of the bed.

Taehyung thought hard before remembering the last thing that happened.

"The rings." Taehyung mumbled before looking at his hand.

"What?" Jungkook asked, turning to look at Taehyung.

"The rings. When you put the ring on, we ended up here. Let's take them off." Taehyung said trying to pull his ring off.

Jungkook stood up and did the same, his sliding off fairly easily. However, Taehyung's wasn't sliding off easily making him panic and aggressively pull on the gold band.

He started to grunt and whimper when he couldn't get the ring off, tears brimmed his eyes and his body started to shake. He didn't know what was going on and he wanted to go home.

"Taehyung, stop." Jungkook called only to be ignored by Taehyung.

He kept yanking on the ring making his finger a flared red color.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook called, grabbing Taehyungs hands in his.

Taehyung stopped and looked at Jungkook timidly.

"Relax, you won't get it off if you're panicking." Jungkook said as he gently tugged on one side of the ring. He slowly was able to shimmy it off of Taehyungs finger before soothingly rubbing Taehyung's ring finger to calm the irritated skin.

"It d-didn't work! How is this happening? Why are we here Jungkook?!?" Taehyung started to sob and shake.

"Hey, hey, listen to me." Jungkook said gently squeezing Taehyung hands, sitting himself and Taehyung in front of him on the carpeted floor.

Taehyung only stared at Jungkook as tears left his eyes.

"I know this is weird, trust me, I'm scared too, but panicking won't help us figure out what's going on. We need to stay calm and figure this out. You'll be okay, I promise. Just take a few deep breaths with me." Jungkook said in a calm voice, starting to take deep breaths which Taehyung did his best to follow.

Once Taehyung was calm, Jungkook spoke again.

"Do you have any idea why putting on these rings would make us grown?" Jungkook asked, looking into Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung shook his head.

"Think, Tae. Anything that might help us." Jungkook said.

Taehyung thought for a moment before deciding he should tell Jungkook the story of the rings.

"They were my Appa and Eomma's rings. She said Appa bought them at a thrift store when he was 16. He proposed to her with them and made her promise that if anything happened to him, she would give them to me on my 16th birthday. She gave them to me to clean and take care of a few weeks ago. I was going to get them cleaned today after school." Taehyung explained as more tears fell from his eyes.

"That didn't give us any information. Hey, it's okay. Just relax." Jungkook said, noticing Taehyung's breathing start to pick up again.

Taehyung nodded and took more deep breaths.

They fell silent before they both started to look around the room. Taehyung noticed a wall of photos and got up to look at them. Jungkook followed him starting to look at them as well.

Taehyung saw lots of photos of two little girls. One taller than the other and both making funny faces at the camera. One photo was of them on the beach and there was one photo that caught Taehyungs attention.

"Eomma." He said as he caressed the photo. Jungkook looked at more of the photos around the room while Tae studied his Eomma's picture, it was a photo he had never seen before. She looked older in that too.

Jungkook saw a few photos on the desk in the corner of the room and walked up to them to get a better look. He froze when he saw what it was.

"Taehyung. You need to see this." Jungkook called.

Taehyung looked over at him before walking up behind him.

"What is it?" He asked as Jungkook pointed to the photo on the desk.

When he saw it, his faced paled and his body began to shake again.