Chapter 23

A/N

I apologize in advance 🤪

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Jules

This week seems to be dragging. Maisie and Andrea are the topic of most conversations. Most people seem to have taken Patrick at his word; he never dated Andrea and definitely didn’t spend the break with her. But I think most people were more convinced because Tiago confirmed Patrick’s story that they spent the holidays with his family.

Because of Tiago’s testimony most of our classmates believe Andrea lied about a lot of things especially her relationship with Patrick. I never met her but I don’t think everything is that black and white. She could have lied about somethings while telling the truth about others. She could have dated Patrick but lied about spending the holidays together or maybe they did plan on it but Patrick or his family later changed their minds. Or she could have lied about everything, they is no way to know for sure.

“What about this one?” Ken asks holding up a sequined dress.

“Absolutely not.” I say holding back a laugh.

Tomorrow I will be attending a birthday party with Ethan. It will be our first official outing as a couple so Amandla and Ken have assumed the role of my stylists for the party.

After perusing my closet they decided a trip to the stores was needed so here we are.

Ken drove us to a nearby town that has a massive shopping center. This is our third store and we still haven’t agreed on my look for tomorrow. Ken keeps suggesting cute little dresses while I am thinking more along the lines of nice jeans and a cute t-shirt.

Amandla made it clear from the beginning she is only using this trip as an excuse to leave campus.

“How about this one?” Ken says this time holding up a flowery dress.

I shake my head.

“Fine, I give up. What do you want to wear?” he says.

I go towards the jeans’ section and pick out a pair I have been eyeing. I then grab a t-shirt that looks a bit like a band tee and head to the changing rooms.When I step out they both look at me from head to toe.

“I love the jeans.” Amandla says.

“Yeah those were made for you but the rest has to go.” Ken says.

He reveals what he was holding behind his back, a lilac blouse and low heeled black boots with gold detailing.That’s the outfit we all agree on.

When I go to pay I find out they already paid for the blouse and the shoes so the only thing I pay for is the jeans.

To thank them for helping me I convince them to let me pay for lunch. 

The following day, I am finishing up in the bathroom when I hear a knock at the door. When I step out I find Ethan in the doorway talking to Amandla. He is wearing a pair of black jeans with a white tee but somehow manages to look like he just stepped off a runway.

“Wow.”

“What?” I say self-consciously.

“You look…nice.” He says.

“She looks pretty. Excuse me while a take a few snaps to send to Ken.” Amandla says grabbing her phone.

She has me do a couple of ridiculous poses which I grudgingly agree to even as I am very aware of Ethan’s presence.

“Aren’t those enough?” I ask after what feels like the 50th picture.

“Okay. I just need one of the both of you.” Ethan agrees and it ends up being way more than one picture.