Chapter 44

Jules

I don’t think much of it when Tiago joins us for breakfast, he sometimes does that now and then.

But when he bypasses his usual table and sits with us again at lunch I know something must have happened. Breakfast is one thing but he always sits with them for lunch.

I observe him the rest of the day and notice he doesn’t interact with any of his usual table mates in class either. Which in itself is not too weird, they usually interact more at meals but when he doesn’t talk to Patrick either I know something must have happened between them.

Did they fight?

Amandla decides to ask him about it at dinner.“Why are you avoiding Patrick?”

“I am sure you guys heard everything that happened at lunch the other day.” Tiago says.

“But that was only Damon, Jamie and Charlie. Patrick didn’t even laugh at their lame jokes.” Mara says.

“But he didn’t defend him either.” I state.

“Exactly.” Tiago says.

“What did he have to say for himself?” Ken asks.

“He said Damon only lashed out because I brought up the sore subject of his brother's alleged crimes.” Tiago says.

“He can’t be serious.” Ethan says.

“It gets better. Apparently he couldn’t defend me because we haven’t told people about…you know.” Tiago whispers the last part.

“But he is still your best friend.” I say stunned.

“I know.” Tiago says sadly.

I look over at the table were Patrick is listening to something Jamie is saying. I can’t believe he would act like this after everything that happened during our trip.

Just two weeks ago they were practically newlyweds, going everywhere together and being sickeningly sweet with each other and now he doesn’t even seem bothered by Tiago's absence.

Tiago continues to mope around for the rest of the week so Ethan plans a spa day for the group, to cheer him up.

On Saturday morning we pile ourselves into two cars and drive to Blueming for our spa day. Keziah drives herself, Mara and Ken while Ethan drives the rest of us.

Four spa staff wait for us at the entrance, one is dressed like she might be the manager. They welcome us warmly and lead us into the building where we are bundled up in plush robes.

We start with steam rooms and saunas and then move on to dipping in various pools some cool others warm. Then we get hot stone massages in partially sectioned off areas. We move on to facials were they putt different colorful goop on our faces. Some of it looked like it glowed which worried me a bit but when my face didn’t melt off or anything, I relaxed.

The four of us relax by the pool while the guys try to see how long they can last in the steam rooms without passing out.

The staff bring us bottled water with lemon slices and an assortment of fruits to rehydrate.It is only when I overhear some of the staff talking that I realize the spa belongs to Ethan’s family. No wonder the manager was part of the welcoming committee.

We are discussing where to have lunch on our way out when we run into Ms. Jung and Mrs. Ramirez.

“I thought that was you. I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever. How are you?”

“I am great. How are you, Aunt Marina?” Ethan responds.

“Wow, really feeling the love mom.” Tiago says with a pout. His mom and Ethan only laugh at his antics.

“It’s okay Tiago, you have me. I am always in the market for a new son anyways. What do you say?” Ms. Jung says.

“I say deal, Aunt Amelie. I mean new mom.” Tiago says cracking everyone up.

“Aren’t you going to introduce your friends?” Ms. Jung says.

“I am sure you know them better than me, mom.” Ethan says.

She rolls her eyes. “Of course I do but Marina doesn’t.”

“Right. Aunt Marina this are my friends Amandla, Keziah, Mara and you already know Ken. This is my girlfriend Jules.” He says.

I can’t believe he said that so easily.

“Wow his new mom even gets introduced to his girlfriend first.” Ms. Jung say and Tiago jokingly comforts her.

Tiago’s mom greets everyone with a hug leaving me for last.

“It’s nice to meet you Juliana.” She says folding me into a hug that has me a bit teary eyed.

“She prefers Jules.” Ethan corrects.

“Oh sorry. Jules.” She says.

“It’s okay.”

“My turn.” Ms. Jung announces bringing me into a hug.

“It’s nice to meet you too Jules.” She says.

“Um we have met before.” I say.

“Not as Ethan’s girlfriend and his mother, we haven’t.” she says smiling widely.

Phew! She doesn’t seem to  disapprove.

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

A/N

Thank you for reading!

What are your thoughts on this chapter?
Don't forget to vote!
- Oli 💌