Chapter 47

Patrick

We are doing homework in my room when I decide to ask Tiago something I have been meaning to ask.

“Doesn’t your harem mind that you don’t hang out with them as much anymore?”

“Nope.”

“Really? They were used to you spending most of your free time with them when you weren’t hanging out with us. How are they so chill?” I ask.

“They know the reason I don’t hang out as much anymore and they are happy for me. Besides their role has always been to deter more than anything.” He says.

“I don’t think I understood a single word you just said.”

“I guess it’s time I came clean. The harem aren’t my lovers they are my friends.”

“Um what?”

“Promise you won’t repeat a word of this to anyone. I have permission to tell you but only you.” He says.

“Okay, I promise.”

“My harem is made up of queer folk that aren’t out yet. After breaking up with Sofia I was put off dating but I was constantly hit on because I was finally unattached. The girls came up with the whole harem thing to hide in plain sight and to get people off my back too. When I realized I was falling for you last year they helped me a lot.” He explains.

“Wow. So they knew all along about us?”

“No. I mean they knew about my crush but I never told them your name. In fact for a while some of them actually thought it was Ken while others thought it was Jamie.” He shudders at the latter name.

“So what did you tell them?”

“I told them it was neither of them and that I would only tell them you name if we ever went public.”

The following day Tiago convinces me to sit with him at Jules’ table.

We are listening to Ethan and Ken’s rant about superior OSTs when Damon, Charles and Jamie walk up to the table.

“Hey Patrick. We were wondering if you could clear up something for us.” Charles says.

“What about?” I ask.

“Word is you are the newest and only male addition to the hottie harem.” Charles says and I freeze.

“How long has that been going on for?” Damon asks.

I look at everyone staring at our table and then stare across the table at Tiago. Mind made up I answer.

“I am not part of the harem.”

Tiago looks down at his plate.

“You expect us to believe that. You are all anyone can talk about today.” Damon says.

How haven’t I heard anything?

“I told you guys it was all made up. I don’t know about Tiago but Patrick isn’t like that.” Jamie says.

“You misunderstood. I am not part of the harem but I am Tiago’s boyfriend.” I correct him.

You could hear a pin drop in the silence that follows. Eyes bore into us but Tiago’s eyes are on me and there is a small smile on his lips.

“I told you!” one of the girls at the hottie harem table basically screams and her table mates shush her.

“Tell them you are joking Patrick.” Jamie says.

“I am not joking.”

“You must have lost your mind. How can you risk being the talk of the school, the talk of the town and your dad hearing about this? All for some passing fling?” Jamie says.

“This isn’t a fling. Let people talk, let dad find out. I don’t care.”

“Dude, you know your dad. He won’t stand for this.” He says.

“He has already shot me what more can he do to me?” I ask.

“Wasn’t that an acc-?”

“Jamie Bradford? Can you come with us please?” detective Rivers says. With him are two cops in uniform.

“What is this about?” Jenna asks coming to stand next to her brother.

“We will explain everything at the station.” The detective says.

“You are not taking my brother anywhere.” She says.

“She is right I have no reason to go anywhere with you people.” Jamie says.

“Fine since you want the reason. We need to question you with regards to the disappearance of Maisie Andrews.”

“I have nothing to do with that. I wasn’t even in the video.”

“We found something interest while analyzing Maisie’s phone. The two of you had been secretly seeing each other for almost a year.” The detective says and the blood drains out of Jamie’s face.

“According to your texts you are the one who insisted the relationship remain a secret. More importantly and relevant to the case, you were the one that texted her to meet in the woods that night. Will you come with us now?” Rivers says.

This time Jamie doesn’t resist and calmly goes with them.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

A/N

Thanks for reading!

What are your thoughts on the chapter?

Don't forget to vote!
- Oli 💌