05

With everything that happened the day before, Maverick allowed a late start to the day. The group was having a much needed break for their Saturday. Sydney was more than happy considering she woke up with a banging headache and could barely remember the night before.

Instead of putting on music like she normally did, she walked out of her room in silence and with her eyes still closed. Trying to soak up as much of the darkness and quiet as possible.

"So where were-" Natasha began as she came busting in through the door, stopping to realize that Sydney was standing in the kitchen with her eyes closed and all the lights off. Causing her to jump out of her skin when she realized Natasha had joined her.

"What the hell?" Sydney had her right hand over her heart and the other grabbing onto the counter.

"I was just coming to check on you."

"Seriously, send a text next time. My heart can't handle you sneaking up on me like that." Once Sydney had reached a normal heart rate she finished what she was doing, grabbed some more Tylenol, and joined her friend on the couch. "What's up?"

"Just came over to get a debrief of where you ended up last night."

"I was here." Sydney took a sip of her coffee and the pills to avoid the look Natasha was giving her.

"Seriously? Why are you lying?"

"I'm not."

"I watched you follow Rooster out of the lot yesterday and I waited for you to get back but I fell asleep. You were out late and clearly you are oh so hungover." Natasha tried not to joke but seeing Sydney sit on the couch with her eyes closed was one of the funniest things she had seen in a while. It added the icing on top of the cake that all the lights were still off, despite her having been over.

"Okay?" Sydney rubbed her temples in hopes that her headache would start to subside. Unfortunately, it wasn't happening.

"Were you with Rooster?" Sydney nodded as a smile crept on her face. "Oh my gosh! What happened?"

"Hangman pissed him off in training. When we left I followed him to the beach and we sat together."

"And?" Natasha wanted every detail no matter what.

"And nothing. We caught some of Penny's Halloween party but nothing too crazy. I was home by 11." Last night was a blur to her. After the first actual drink of the night Sydney was pretty sure she blacked out.

"Try like 12:30." Natasha shot back. Sydney didn't believe her until she got up to look out front. Her car wasn't there so obviously she drank more than she could remember.

"I need to talk to Rooster. There's a little bit of blur from last night." Sydney picked up her coffee as she made her way out the front door and over to Bradley's, leaving Natasha behind in her quarters.

Sydney knocked on Bradley's door and waited before knocking again. It was the first day since they'd been back at Top Gun that they were allowed to sleep in and Bradley didn't mess around when it came to his sleep. Sydney was growing more anxious as the time passed and began to knock more frantically.

"What? What? What?!" Bradley answered the door even more annoyed than the first time he heard the knocking. His annoyance subsided once he realized it was Sydney.  He was surprised to see her up already considering the night she had, "Yes Syd?"

"What exactly happened last night?" She asked pushing passed him and into the entry way. For the first time since their conversation started, she finally looked at him. His dirty blonde hair was all over the place from the previous sleep he had just woken up from and he didn't put on a shirt before heading to open the door. So it was just him, his messy hair, and black Navy sweatpants against the world.