14

"Well, I think we'll need to do this again. Except next time, no work involved." Sydney said as they all stood together one last time because they didn't want to say goodbye.

"I can only imagine the shit show that will be." Fanboy said as he began his goodbyes, "But my flight is going to leave without me if I don't make it to the airport."

"I'm gonna catch a ride with you too. If you don't mind." Coyote asked knowing he had to leave as well. Once everyone hugged and dispersed, it left Natasha, Jake, Bradley, and Sydney.

"I know I'll see you in 2 weeks, but I feel like that's still too long." Sydney said as she hugged Natasha one last time. "Be safe, have fun." she turned to Jake and gave him a serious look, "Do not put her on a bucking horse. Because she cannot fly with a broken arm."

Jake held up his hands in defense, "You put someone on a bucking horse one time and you never live it down." She raised a brow at him, "Alright. I won't." He laughed and went in for a side hug with Sydney.

"Y'all be good." Jake said to them as he and Natasha walked to get in the car.

"So you're gonna follow me to Viper's?" Sydney reassured with Bradley. He nodded in response, seeing as they had agreed on the plan at least 3 times since it had been made. "And you're sure Mav is okay with me impeaching on 'bro' time?"

"Why don't you ask him?" Bradley motioned to the older man making his way down toward them on his bike. Once he stopped in front of them Sydney began to talk.

"So it's fine that I'm coming too?" Pete smiled at her question.

"Yes." he chuckled and turned toward Bradley, "You have the address right?"

"Yes." That was another question that had been asked at least 3 times already, "Are you two done with all the questions? I have everything under control."

Fast forward an hour and a half into the drive back to Maverick's place in the desert and they were on the side of the road with a broken down Bronco. "What happened to 'having everything under control'?" Sydney asked as she tried to call Maverick again. Bradley rolled his eyes as he tried to figure out what was wrong with it. He had known 5 minutes ago it was because he didn't fill up the tank before they left, but he thought he would've been able to get there on a little more than a quarter tank. But instead of admitting he didn't fill up the gas like he told Sydney he did, he was looking for something simple to pull out to blame their breaking down on.

"Hey Mav," Sydney spoke into the phone as he finally picked up, "Yeah we're stuck on the side of the road... Yeah I know. He said he had everything under control." Then Maverick said some stuff, "Yeah he's looking under the hood but I know he didn't fill up the gas. Is there anyway you can bring us gas, just to get us to the next station where I'll fill it up? ... Thank you. We're on 215 by Edgemont. See you soon." Sydney looked over her shoulder and saw Bradley still looking under the hood.

She walked over and leaned her head on his shoulder, "You can stop looking. I know you didn't fill up the gas." she admitted earning a defeated sigh from him as he closed the hood.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was waiting for you to come up with a miraculous plan to show me that it infact was something else and not the gas." He really forgot how well she knew him, "But I already called Maverick and told him where we were, so he'll be here soon."

Bradley looked down at the girl in front of him and raised a hand to her cheek. Her hair was in it's natural wavy state, but she had pulled it back into a messy bun. "You're so beautiful." he whispered causing her to blush.

"Thank you," Sydney was not used to him giving her compliments. It made her feel young again. Even more when he picked a flower from the side of the road and gave it to her before leaning down to kiss her. It was their first kiss and she couldn't have imagined it any different.

Soon enough they heard the beeping of Maverick's bike as he made it down the road with the gas can strapped on behind him. "You have no idea how hard it was to find a gas can." He laughed as he handed it off to Bradley for him to fill up the truck.

"I'm glad you decided to come." Maverick admitted, "And I'm glad you guys worked everything out. I told you he needed some time." Sydney nodded remembering their conversation at the beach.

"Thanks again Mav." Bradley said ending their brief conversation and before they knew it, they were back on the road. Bradley had promised to stop at the next gas station to fill it up the rest of the way. Which he did. The whole trip earned a polaroid from Sydney once they reached Maverick's.

"Look at you." Sydney picked up Bradley's rec baseball picture and had to hold back a laugh.

"Shut up." he said taking it from her hand and putting it back down as he looked over all the pictures Maverick had hanging. Some were of Maverick and Goose, hell most of them were Goose and Carol, then some of Bradley. They were his family. The most recent photo was from when they made it back on the carrier after the detachment.

"He loves you guys." Sydney said as she wrapped her arms around Bradley's waist.

"We're his family." Bradley said with a smile, he watched Sydney root through her bag and she pulled out a smaller bag containing almost every polaroid she had ever taken. She looked through her most recent ones and pulled one out and stuck it on the wall with all the other ones.

"Yeah, we are."

Sydney's polaroid -

•• Hi guys!!! I'm so glad you guys are liking this Rooster fanfic! I put a lot of time into the story and the pictures & I hope they haven't disappointed

•• Hi guys!!! I'm so glad you guys are liking this Rooster fanfic! I put a lot of time into the story and the pictures & I hope they haven't disappointed. Anyway, this is the last chapter before the Epilogue.
Sydney & Bradley have come a looong way & I loved sharing their story with you. So cherish these last 2 chapters. <3