27 || Just Another Visitor

Her student leaning so close next to her with his eyes wide with focus and a pen in his hand writing down everything she says should have been distracting to her, annoying even since she was working on a very complex potion. However, Agnes meticulously and flawlessly moved as she spoke, not the least bit bothered by the curious questions directed at her.

In actuality, she found it endearing how interested Aubrey was in torture.

"Would it not kill the person if they drink it?" He asked circling the name of the potion he was so interested in, and Agnes didn't think too much of it as she answered him honestly.

"It won't if you do it right." She told him distractedly as she examined the ingredients she had. "I could think of a few more painful ones."

"I want the most painful one, please." He was so polite, so adorable.

Agnes turned her head towards him with a raised eyebrow, but the smile on her face made it clear that she approved of this. "Who is on your mind?"

Not expecting the question, Aubrey looked up from his notes and titled his head. "Huh?"

"Who is it you're planning on torturing?" She was mildly curious to know, and very eager to help her student with whatever he needed. This was a topic she was very well-versed in, disturbingly so.

But Aubrey averted his gaze when he answered her quietly. "Kellen."

All of the sudden, things were flying in the air as Agnes shoved everything off of the tables leading the crow to panic at the commotion she was making. The only thing that survived was the actual mixture she was going to brew, but that only lasted for a few seconds before it fell on the ground as she glared at her student.

Her fist hit the table as she hissed at him. "Kellen? You're using it on Kellen?"

Knowing that what he was doing was a little bit messed up, he couldn't help but whimper under his gaze as he nodded his head. Honestly he didn't think she'd have much of a problem with that, but it seems like he thought wrong. He guessed it was because he was her faithful helper, but he guessed wrong.

Because the moment she realized who he was using his potions for was the moment she got upset at the choices he was considering.

"I do not approve of this." She spat snatching his notes from his hand as she glared heatedly at the words written there before throwing the paper over her shoulder. "Trash, all of it. It's trash. I thought you were better than this."

Aubrey looked down in shame, almost pouting. "I'm sorry."

"You should be." She huffed striding towards her bookshelves that surrounded her fireplace, and she looked around her little library before she found the book she wanted. Without any words, she walked back to Aubrey and shoved the book in his hands before crossing her arms at him.

Agnes was a very tall scary woman, she was even taller than him and Marc, so he was looking up at her with a fearful expression before his gaze lowered towards the book he was now holding.

When he read the title, he looked up at her in puzzlement. "Those are lethal..."

"They're also more painful." Agnes shrugged nonchalantly.

"I do want to cause him excruciating pain, but I don't think I want to kill him yet." He told her opening the book anyway to see his options. That made a little smile appear on Agnes' face.

"He's immune to most of them anyway." She informed him pushing Aubrey towards her wooden stool so he could immediately start on his potion. She planned on helping him with it. "This is a great chance for you to learn how to prolong a potion's effects."