20~Acceptance

"What is your choice?" Andy asks over the crowd of chattering teenagers.

With my voice low, I inform, "Court."

"What?" Andy questions shouting at me.

"Court," I say a little louder.

Some students turn and look at me. I give them a nasty look because I am already aggravated with the fact that I have to do this. They go back to minding their own business.

"Well, that's your choice." Cole nods agreeably.

"Right. Do you feel bad about it?" Andy chimes in.

We go to my locker. "Yes."

I stop cold in my tracks when I see Alchemy. She is talking to the same boy; her ex, Louis against her locker and mine.

Andy places her hand on my shoulder and Cole stands by me. I do not want to go over there, but I needed my history and science book. I inhale and exhale shakily, going over to my locker. I can feel Alchemy look at me and I caught a quick glimpse of her staring at me. I could not move fast enough to get my books and get out of the way.

"Sup, Sirrah?" Louis speaks to me, surprising me and shocking Alchemy.

I look his way wondering if he was speaking to me or someone behind me. There is not another Sirrah at this school, so. . .

"Hey, Louis." I greet him back with a half smirk. I finally get the last book I needed for the day so I would not have to go through this again, at least for the day.

Alchemy eyes Andy and Andy shrugs and walks off with me. Before getting too far, Alchemy snatches Andy by her arm and squeezes.

"So, you going to betray blood?" Alchemy growls her voice taut. I know that tone all too well and it states that Alchemy is seriously not happy by any means. Cole and I stop when we noticed Andy had been snatched up by Alchemy.

"You betrayed your best friend." Andy snatches from Alchemy. "And the way you act, you are not my sister. Remember what father would say? You do not betray your friends because if you do it is like betraying family. And you have done both."

I shake my head as Cole, Andy, and I walk away. I look back to see the harsh reality settling in on Alchemy's face. Tears are forming in Alchemy's eyes; she goes running through the crowd to find a bathroom. My heart goes out to her, but she brought this upon herself.

Throughout the school day, I had certain people walk up and talk to me. Andy was on the defensive just in case someone said something out of the way to me. Cole, he was there for support. However, during lunch was the weirdest thing ever happened to me.

One of the popular girls, by the name of Sabella Fletcher, sat with me and talked to me about someone who had been bothering her. Sabella Fletcher was talking to ME; Sirrah. Andy even found this weirdly strange. She sat there and spoke to me about many things.

Where she came from; India. Who her parents were; multi-millionaires. And how she felt about moving to the states; horrible since she left her friends and majority of her family back in India. Some of the things she had even told me were very personal and I did not want to know any of it. But, being the great listener I am, I just smiled and nodded at Sabella's spill. I even offered some advice to some of her issues. I even got her to sign up to be in the Anti-bully club.

Was I finally being accepted or was this a hoax? One can only ponder this mystery.