30~Face to Face

While everyone is talking about my win and celebrating in the hallway of the courtroom, a voice sounds behind me, "Congratulations."

I turn around and come face to face with one of my creators. My birth father, Sequan.

"Hey," He greets.

I look back at my dad and he has turned around and pretends to talk to some random woman who just walked out of the courtroom. She is looking at him as though he is crazy.

I smirk then turn back to Sequan. I walk up to him as he holds a bouquet of Lilies.

"Roy told me that you and your family would be here and...I thought..."

I turn back to my dad, "What happened to 'my choice'?"

He shrugs and smiles. "I don't know."

I turn back to Sequan and sigh. As we stare at each other, I see where I get my skin complexion from along with my nose and my eyes.

"I can go if you want. I just wanted to bring these to you." He hands me the lilies.

I take them. "How'd you know I'd win?"

"I really did. But, I was still going to bring you these anyway. You told me they are your favorite."

I smell them. "They are. Thank you. You can stay."

He scoops me up in a hug. I hug him back and lay my head on his shoulder, as my eyes get misty with tears. I try to blink them back but the tears end up falling down my cheeks.

"Dad, who is that?" I hear Nick ask.

"That is Sirrah's real father." He says.

Nick stands there and looks at Sequan and me.

I let him go and smile wiping my eyes.

"You're even prettier than I imagined." Sequan says.

I move my curly hair out of my face and look down at the floor. "Thank you."

"Hey," Clarence taps my shoulder.

I face him, "Hi."

He has the student council behind him. "Congratulations on the win."

"Thank you."

"I truly am sorry that the Angelwood system failed you in school."

"It's not okay, but something good came out of it." I say as I cradle the lilies.

"You are right. We just had an urgent meeting with Principal Ethics about the bully system at Angelwood."

I glare at him. "And?"

My family stands beside Sequan and listens to Clarence.

"A new rule has been passed. Rule Win."

I smile at the fact they named it after me, sort of.

"Rule Win: there is to be a student council in each class to observe students to ensure no more bullying goes on."

"How is that supposed to work?" Sequan arches his brow. "Aren't the students going to know they are being watched?"

"Not really. The student council will carefully choose which students are qualified to do the job. Because right now Angelwood is understaffed and keep can't an eye on what goes on everywhere. But, the students can."

"I get it," Sydnie says rubbing her tummy.

"Right. Anyway, we must be going. Congrats again, Sirrah. You did really well." They leave.

My family and me turn to each other and start walking towards the exit of the building. We discuss where we want to go out to eat to celebrate. I stop when I see the students in the military police program haul a miserable looking Alchemy out of the back of the building.

"I'll be right back," I yell to my family. I hand Sydnie my flowers and run after Alchemy.