31~Reality Check

I catch Alchemy outside, just before they put her in the van to take her to Darwin.

"Hey," I yell.

The students stop letting Alchemy go but they stand by.

"What, Sirrah? Haven't you done enough damage?" Alchemy asks with tears in her eyes.

"If you hadn't bullied me or those people you would not be in this mess. You did this to yourself." I find myself snapping back at her.

Alchemy looks down, pouting.

"I want to know why. I thought I was your friend, Alchemy." I say a little somber.

"Why? Psh." Alchemy scoffs rolling her eyes then looking up at me, "you still don't know."

I shake my head.

"Jealousy. Look at you."

I look at myself. "What are you . . . what of me?"

"You have it all. Boobs, thighs, ass, hips. Not to mention, a guy that loves you. You have a mother and father that wants the best for you. You . . . have the perfect life. And I . . . I have got an annoying little sister and a mother who sometimes isn't caring and my father who is either off at war or with his second wife and their three children. He hadn't spoken to us or me in years. Perfect life, you have and I don't. Not to mention, all the attention you get from guys. And you're smart. You also know what you want to do with your life, you have a plan. I don't."

"Attention from what guys?" I am truly baffled at her statement. Considering that I had not noticed any type of guys trying to talk to me or anything. "And as far as being smart, I don't know. I just figured it was always better to have some kind of plan to follow. But, attention from boys?"

Alchemy scoffs again rubbing her face, "Have you been blind this entire time?"

I tilt my head. "I guess so."

"Sirrah, guys have been staring at you since middle school. All day every day, you were just thinking they were staring at your skin color. No, they did not give two fucks about how dark you were. That; your dark chocolate skin tone turned them on more. That's why I started hating you. They were more attracted to you than me. I felt threatened and the only way I could handle it was by bullying."

I shake my head. "Alchemy, you were my best friend, guys meant nothing to me. You hurting me over guys; did. You should have come to me about this. You know I would have helped you in any way I could."

"My. . . I know, but my pride and ego got in the way. I am truly sorry, Sirrah. I should have never treated you the way I did. Instead, I should have come to you in a grown woman manner and told you how I felt. But, I was . . . things got in the way, that I should not have let get in the way. I hope that one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me, Sirrah. Please." Alchemy says as the students help her in the van and they drive off.

Little did Alchemy know, I had already forgiven her. I just now wanted her to get better and get back to the best friend I first knew before all of this ever happened. I continue to hold onto hope.