22~Real Reason

Andy and I are walking through the park, a larger park than the one we have been going to, that one is a kiddy park. This park has a walking trail and a playground. Andy tells me how Alchemy is making progress with her therapy. I feel as though Alchemy didn't need it, but I don't know what pain she feels. I just know the pain of losing someone who I thought was my best friend. However, I know time heals all wounds.

"I met some new friends," I tell Andy as we round the corner near some woods and a small pond. The walking trail has a few benches each a mile apart for rest.

"Really? Who are they?" Andy arches her brow and looks at me.

"Tyasia and Kinsey. Oh and Tannya," I let her know. "They seem like very nice girls." I am proud of myself for making a few new friends.

"Oh. I have them for one of my classes. They are....they are okay. I don't know them personally. But, wasn't that Tannya girl the same one that apologized to you?" Andy shrugs her shoulders not knowing what to really say about them.

"Yes, that's her." I shift my eyes to the side, "Well, they invited me to hang out with them at the mall tomorrow." I beam.

"Are you sure that is what you want to do? I mean you just are now letting things blow off with Alchemy."

"I think I should start getting out more. Maybe that will do me some good." I don't know what Andy is trying to do, but I kind of was not appreciating her with the kind of attitude she has. But, at the same time, I understand her concerns. 

"I am sure it won't hurt. Can I join you guys?"

"I don't see why not. We will have loads of fun." I try to be a bit more optimistic on how things are going in my life now. "I will tell them about you tagging along."

"Great. I would like to meet them."

"Andy."

"Yes?"

"You aren't going to be questioning them and their motives from wanting to be my friends all of a sudden are you?" That is what I feared because everyone that has come up to me and wanted to talk to me or ask me for advice. Andy would always get in the way and start questioning them about why they wanted to talk to me.

"Of course not. Why would I do that?"

We round another corner and decide to sit on the bench that is facing a pond. "Because you have been doing it a lot lately and I don't understand why."

"Because I want to make sure people aren't going to bother you. I don't want people to try and take advantage of you again." Andy informs me.

I scrunch up my face but she doesn't see it. "I appreciate you for that, but I am sure not everyone is out to get me like Alchemy was. I am sure they do want to be my friends."

"See that is the kind of thinking that got you into trouble with Alchemy."

I am not quite sure how to take that statement she just made. I stand up and walk off. I realize that I have been a little timid when it comes to Alchemy and maybe a few other people, but I do not need someone telling me my mistakes.

"Sirrah, where are you going?" Andy shouts, standing up.

I do not answer her. I just keep walking while trying to figure out why Andy said what she said.