three

"Disgusting."

Jake turns to look at Jay when the council president suddenly speaks in the middle of their lunch.

"Huh?" Jake asked, confused.

Jay pursed his lips towards the food counter and Jake has followed it with his eyes. There stood Heeseung and Sana holding each other's hand as they choose their desired lunch.

"What's disgusting with that?" Jake asked. "What I've heard last night was more disgusting than that."

"Complain them to the care taker. Girls are not allowed in your boarding house, isn't it?" Jay said.

"We don't have strict house rules compared to other boarding houses," Jake shrugged. "It's more like an apartment than a boarding house, to be honest, but I love the freedom."

"What happened last night?" Jay curiously asked.

Jake shrugged, "They fought again but hours later they made up. I don't know."

A knowing smile made its way into Jay's lips. "That's no shocking. It's been days since they broken up, it's about time they date again."

Jake shakes his head, amused. "Has Heeseung never tried fighting back against her?" He asked, curious.

Jay shakes his head. "He was always patient with her."

"Just like my father to my Mom," Jake whispered as he looked back down on his food.

+++

Jay gave Jake a sympathetic look, knowing all too well behind the story of Jake's family.

Although they are always the tandem of president and vice-president of student council since high school,  they are not friends. Jay always hangs out with Heeseung while Jake was focused in his studies. It's only recent they started hanging out together.

First because Jay and Heeseung are not talking anymore, second because Jake has started opening up at Jay after that one afternoon in their department. Jake is a happy person, until you hear his family stories.

The silence surrounding their table breaks when Jake's phone rang loudly on the table. Jay takes a brief look at the screen before Jake picks it up- excusing himself as he walks away from everyone else in the canteen.

Love is calling...

Jake has a lover?

+++

Jake locked the gate behind him as he entered the boarding house as quiet as possible. The meeting has lasted until 8 in the evening and Jake has now arrived. He pushed the front door open and walked inside.

He was too busy trying to not make a sound in closing the door back that he didn't see the presence of two person hanging out in the lobby.

"Dear god-" Jake gasped. He walked back and his back touched the cold wooden door, too shock to see Heeseung and Sana almost making out in the sofa.

Heeseung pushed Sana off him as the girl glared at Jake.

"I-" he was out of words. He looked away as he could feel his cheeks burning in embarassment. "I'm sorry," Jake uttered as he bowed politely before scurrying up in the stairs to where his room is.

He entered his room and locked the door before he went to change his clothes. He then lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling of his room.

Not a minute later, he heard the door of the other room clicked open. Jake closed his eyes shut, praying that this night will be peaceful. Thankfully, he didn't hear any noise coming from the next room.