five

"Where'd he get that ball from?" Jay curiously asked after Jake narrated what happened yesterday.

Jake shrugged as he continued eating his ice cream on cup. "He played basketball for years, why does it sound weird to you that he has a basketball?"

"Because," Jay started, leaning closer to Jake to whisper. "Sana forbid him to play basketball since high school. I remember Heeseung burning everything he owns that's related to basketball even. That's when before we fought."

"What?" Jake gasped, the ice cream on his mouth almost spilled. He coughs thrice as he tried to swallow everything. His eyes got bigger as he stared at Jay.

The council president moved away, looking around them.

"That's evil," Jake commented. "She should not dictate Hees-"

"Tone your voice down," Jay speaks, looking at the entrance of the canteen. "They're here."

Jake looked behind him, watching as Heeseung and Sana entered the canteen holding each other's hand.

"They're on good terms again," Jake said as he looked back at his ice cream.

"You should be used to it by now. Next time you blink, they're fighting again," Jay said, hiding a sarcastic laugh behind his words.

Jake didn't bother responding as he continued eating his ice cream back, until he remembered something.

"What the-" Jake gasped, earning a concerned look from Jay. "I think we forgot to take it home."

Jay stared at him confused, "Take what home?"

"The basketball!"

+++

Heeseung sat boredly in front of his computer, his fingers playing with the keyboard but the screen was off. As much as he wanted to play online games, Sana says no.

"When did you have plates in your room?" Sana asked as he got out of the small comfort room beside the small kitchen space.

Heeseung looked at the sink, finding Jake's plate and bowl from the food he gave last night- already cleaned and dry on the side.

"I-"

"I saw the same design at a shop nearby, did you bought it from there?" Sana asked as she lay back down on Heeseung's bed.

"Yeah," Heeseung nodded, lying. He didn't know what could possibly happen if he will tell her the truth.

Actually, Heeseung still has a class until 5 but he ditched it. Sana says she's bored and wanted to go to his boarding house, so here they are.

"Heeseung?"

"Hm?"

"Where's the basketball I gifted you last year?"

Heeseung bites on his lips.

"I've seen it there last time," Sana says, pointing to a rack where Heeseung displayed the basketball before. "Where is it?"

"I gave it to a kid on the court."

Sana narrowed her eyes at him.

"Their ball was flattened and he's crying, so I decided to give him mine," Heeseung explained, boldly lying in front of his girlfriend.

Sana then smiled, a reaction too far from what Heeseung imagine she would react. He actually goes back to the court last night to get the ball back but he couldn't find it there anymore.

"I could buy you another one," Sana says.

Heeseung only smiled, fake. Sana's good mood was never a good sign. There's always something bad com-