thirty three

"Yes."

Sunoo laughs sarcastically at that.

"Hyung," Sunoo called. He didn't wait for an answer as he already grabbed the older by the arms, using all his strenght to make the older boy turn around before he punched him straight in the face.

"You are stupid!" Sunoo shouted, as he held the older boy by the collar.

Despite the difference in their height, Sunoo managed to give him another punch. Heeseung's lips began bleeding but he was too stunned to fight back.

Sunoo let go of him as soon as he saw blood, he distanced himself from the older male as he continued laughing sarcastically. But despite that, tears are welling up his eyes.

"You have the chance to marry Sana but you started seeing Jake-hyung on the side," Sunoo speaks. "Sana breaks the engagement off to set you free! But how the fuck would you want to propose again?"

"Do you feel guilty?" Sunoo asked. "Do you feel guilty because you've broken so many promises you've made with us?"

"Hyung... we don't need your guilt. It is so obvious you like someone else but why do you keep choosing Sana? Why do you keep coming to her?"

Sunoo stepped closer again, pushing Heeseung with all his might. The older boy fell into the ground, the take-out foods he was holding scattered behind him as well.

+++

Heeseung wipes off the blood coming out of his lips. He hissed in pain feeling the cut inside and outside of his mouth. He couldn't speak knowing the cut could be bigger— and also because he didn't know how to respond.

It was the first time he saw Sunoo burst out and be physical. Usually, it's either he would keep quiet or he will shout and do rebellious things but never hurt someone physically.

"Thanks for coming to save us tonight," Sunoo speaks again, tone still high. "I'm thankful for that, really. But do you think I didn't see the flowers Sana is holding inside the car? Don't think I didn't notice how you are trying to look for someone here. Don't think I didn't notice how disappointed you are to not see anyone here."

"Of course he wouldn't be here," Sunoo said. "I saw him walking back to the boarding house earlier before we left. I asked you if you're supposed to meet someone but you denied it. You're very stupid!"

"I..."

"Heeseung-hyung," Sunoo speaks again, "I do know you don't feel the same way towards my sister anymore. It's so obvious, for me at least. As a person who watched you fell in love with her again and again the past few years, I do notice the difference of then and now. If you like someone else, go for them. Stop looking back at us."

Sunoo then offered his hand at Heeseung, the older male feeling hesitant to take it but he did anyways. He helped Heeseung to stand up as they both stared at the food that scattered on the ground as well.

"I'll try to contact Mom again," Sunoo then speaks after a few minutes of silence. "Dad said she sent him paperworks. I very much know what that paperworks meant. I just accidentally found it last month, Mom has been trying to get our custody for years now."

"Mom lives in Japan now. If I will be correct about my intuitions, she'll take us there with her. We will finally leave this country, and by then, you'll be completely free, Hyung."

"But what if..." Heeseung finally speaks as he looks at Sunoo. "What if you're wrong and your Mom—"

"Shut the fuck up," Sunoo cuts him off. "It's not a valid reason to keep choosing Sana. We can survive on our own, one way or another."

"It's okay if you don't keep your promise to me. It's okay if you'll like someone else, but it's not okay to keep coming back to Sana."

"At this point, you don't deserve Jake-hyung. Your feelings don't matter, the moment you denied you're supposed to meet him I already knew you will only end up hurting him. If you can't choose him in the end, I don't think you should continue pursuing him."

"Forget about the food, let's just go."

Sunoo nudged Heeseung before he started walking away, leaving Heeseung speechless. He stood straight and gave the empty open court one last look, Sunoo and Jay's voices ringing in his head.

"If you're still thinking about Sana, stay away from Jake."

"If you can't choose him in the end, I don't think you should continue pursuing him."

"You don't deserve Jake-hyung."

+++

i know this is very short, but it is how it is.

next chapter will be on friday~ (comments actually influence what i write on the next chapter, be careful of what you comment xx)

anyways, how far did we go? i was surprised.

March 03, 2024.
Sunday. 0517hr.
tengyu_