eighteen

Heeseung barely heard the three knocks on his door as he paused the recording on his computer and removed his headphones.

He stood up from his seat and opened the door to his girl.

"You left it again by the kitchen sink," Sana speaks as she handed Heeseung his ring. "One day you'll probably lose it."

"Sorry," Heeseung said as he took the ring and placed back to his finger. "It feels strange wearing it."

"Why? You're used to wearing rings when you're still in a band."

"I stopped wearing rings in highschool, I'm not used to it by now," Heeseung smiled. "Thanks."

Sana stepped closer and placed her arms around Heeseung waist, looking up at the older with loving eyes, "You should not lose our engagement ring."

She tip-toed to give Heeseung a kiss on the lips but the third year male looked to his left, having her kiss only his cheek.

"I need to go," Heeseung speaks flatly as he gently removes her arms off him.

"Again?" Sana asked, a bit offended.

Heeseung stepped back on his room and let the door open so Sana can follow. He sat back down on the chair in front of his computer and began clicking back on the keyboards.

"You always go out every night. You don't even eat dinner here," Sana said, voice sounding sad.

"You know why," Heeseung simply said as he took the flashdrive out of his computer before shutting it down.

He stood up from his seat and took a jacket out of his messy closet, just as he turned around, Sana greeted him with a hug. Heeseung didn't look as surprised as he hugged his girl back.

"I'll be back before midnight, sleep early and don't wait for me," Heeseung said before leaning down to give Sana a kiss.

"Take care, Heeseung."

Heeseung pulled away first, he gave Sana a smile before he step back to put the jacket on. They both walked out of his room after, Heeseung proceeding to leave their shared house.

And as he closed the door behind him, Heeseung wiped off his lips before proceeding on his way.

+++

Jake blinks realizing he's been staring at the picture for too long already, his eyes teary. He looks up and found the stars blinking down at him. The laughter of a few students walking from a distance made him realize it's past 9 in the evening already.

He was too pre-occupied stalking Sunghoon and Junghwan's social accounts again and hurting himself with the photos of them together. The supportive comments he reads were like a salt being sprinkled in his wounded heart.

What if they publicized their relationship before, would it also be supported by netizens like this?

Jake regrets not pushing Sunghoon for that decision. He had settled understanding Sunghoon's decision and never once push his personal thoughts into their relationship. He gave everything and receive only a bit of it back.

It was unfair.

Or maybe it was his fault. Maybe Heeseung was right and he should've moved on the day after he broke up with Sunghoon. Maybe he shouldn't have hold on to a vague hope that there will be another chance.

Jake wiped the tears that escaped his eyes. He didn't know how everything about Sunghoon can still made him cry. He should move on, forget about his feelings and just continue living his boring life as a student achiever.