fifteen

Heeseung kisses him.

+++

Jake pushed the older boy away, gentle.

"W-what was that for?" Jake asked as he stared up at the taller male.

Heeseung didn't bother responding to the question, instead he intertwined his fingers with Jake's and dragged the younger male back on the bleachers.

"Let me walk you back to the boarding house," Heeseung said as he picked up Jake's heavy backpack.

Heeseung still didn't let go of Jake's hand as they walk towards the slightly dark street, the student council only following silently beside him.

"Have you eaten dinner yet?" Heeseung asked as he looks at Jake beside him.

Jake shook his head, silent.

Instead of going straight to the boarding house, Heeseung made a turn to a familiar street that leads to a nearby convenience store. They entered inside and proceeded to the stalls of cup noodles and rice balls.

Jake cautiously pulled his hands off Heeseung's grip, feeling rather awkward. He picked out anything that caught his eyes, piling everything in his arms. He then glanced at Heeseung and realized the older male didn't get anything for himself.

"Aren't you going to buy anything?" Jake asked, voice low and quiet.

"I'll eat at the house later," Heeseung only replied.

"With Sana?"

"Hm."

Jake nodded meekly, a sudden guilt pinching through his heart as he remembers what Heeseung has done earlier. He turns around to get his food checked, Heeseung following him from behind.

"Are you eating this here, Sir?" The cashier asked. "Here's an electric kettle, the machine was broken and is yet to be fixed," she added as she pulled the electric kettle under the table.

"Uh, no," Jake shakes his head. "I'm taking it home."

"Why?" Heeseung interfered.

Jake couldn't look straight, "I don't want to eat alone."

"You're living alone."

Jake didn't answer and instead forced a smile towards the cashier, "Please pack it—"

"Don't," Heeseung speaks, almost harsh. He heaved a deep sigh before he turns away and walked back towards the stalls of cup noodles to get his own.

Heeseung then goes back to get his chosen food scanned.

"You pay," Heeseung said, nudging Jake.

The student council didn't argue and just handed the cashier another bill. Heeseung helped him gather all the packs of food on the counter and bring it over to a table just outside the convenience store. The air conditioning inside was too cold for them who's been under the drizzle earlier.

It didn't take a while until the water boiled and Heeseung helped the student council pour it in his cup, an awkward atmosphere still lingering around them.

The older male seems more calm and unaffected compared to Jake. His thoughts were too cloudy as of the moment and he didn't know how to approach Heeseung. He wanted to ask and to get answers, but he didn't know where to start.

Minutes passed and Jake remained staring at the older male, who has began stirring up his cup of noodles and taking a bite off Jake's rice balls. Until Heeseung looks up and met his gaze, Jake looks away.