twenty eight

"The number you have dialed—"

Heeseung ended the call for the nth time, too tired of hearing the same script too many times already.

He immediately put his phone back on his pocket upon seeing the group of student councils finally leaving the faculty. Heeseung casually stood up from one of the tables and quietly followed the group, staying within a good distance as he watch how Jake interacts with his fellow student councils.

It didn't take a while as the group crumbles as they take different path and Jake was left alone walking towards the university gate. Heeseung still quietly follows.

Until Jake looks back and saw him. The younger boy gave him a confuse look as he stopped walking and waits until Heeseung was on his side.

"What's up? It's already late," Jake speaks as they began walking side by side.

"I was waiting for you," Heeseung said.

"You don't have to," Jake says. "I'll be busy the last two weeks before holiday."

"Then no time for me?"

"Do I need to have time for you?" Jake asked back, sending Heeseung a look.

"Yeah, make me one of your priorities," Heeseung said, half-joking.

Heeseung reached out and held Jake's hand as they approach the corner. He intertwined their fingers as he gently dragged Jake straight the road towards the longer route they've taken last night.

"Can we just take the shorter route?" Jake asked.

"No," Heeseung shakes his head. "I won't ask more of your time but let's take this longer route every afternoon so I can be with you longer."

He could see the bit color of pink suddenly painting Jake's cheeks as they passed by the street light and Heeseung couldn't help but smile and adore this cute side of Jake's reaction more.

+++

Jake felt his cheek heats up, the intense stare coming from Heeseung only made him feel more shy. He tried to remove his hand off Heeseung's gentle grip, but the older male only locked their fingers more.

He decided to just let it be as they continued walkinh through the street. Jake made sure to walk a little behind Heeseung so he can hide himself whenever there are cars and people passing by them.

"Do you know where's Jay hanging out the past few days?" Jake asked as they turned the dark street after the open court, finally nearing on their destination.

"I don't know the exact place," Heeseung said, "You should ask Jungwon."

"Jungwon?" Jake asked, confused. "How would he know?"

"He definitely knows more than you could imagine," Heeseung laughs. "But you can find Jay at the open court tomorrow afternoon, if you don't have anything to do by four."

Jake looked at Heeseung.

"Why would he be at the open court?" Jake asked.

"We made a bet with the kids earlier, we'll have the match tomorrow," Heeseung shrugged. "If you're not busy, come and play with us."

"Why would you make a bet with kids? That's already a mismat—"

"It's going to be my team and Jay's team, all players were kids," Heeseung cuts him off mid-sentence. "Anyways, why are you looking for him in thr first place?"

Jake shrugged as he looked away, "I have to ask him something."

"Can't you do it in text? Or call?"