XXI

"...What about my ancestor?"

Come again! That didn't sound right to me.

He was sweating cold beads, but this mf went and smacked him on the head. Alver can't believe what he's hearing! Cale Henituse just revealed that his ancestor is a felon!

"...Didn't I say he was a criminal?"

'Is there something wrong with my ears?'

He did not appear majestic as he inserted his finger into his ear.

"I believe something is blocking my ears."

Where is the gore?! the tender betrayal! the drama! the stupid nonsense he'd been doing in his dreams while professing his love for this person! Alver couldn't believe what he had just heard. Cale is still making up nonsense about the prophecy. This is prophecy! Although he used to deny it, he's not stupid enough not to believe it. He simply cannot accept that this lovely redhead is currently concocting some nonsense as an excuse!

"Ah, should I explain more clearly then?"

"No need; my ancestor was a criminal, haha; how could I listen to such nonsense?! Hahaha-"

"You heard correctly, Your Highness."

"Hmm?"

"Huh?"

They blankly stared at each other again. The two of them were silent for a while. He soon started to frown.

"This is probably the most shocking thing I've heard in a while!"

"...Is that so?"

"Is that so?!"

He started to frown even more.

I was going to tell him about the royal family's secret and ask him if I deserved to be king... So, what the f*ck is going on with this nonsense?

He had decided to reveal this information to Cale Henituse.

He was already the de facto ruler of the Crossman household due to his possession of the seal, but King Zed Crossman was vehemently opposed to his decision.

He'd brushed aside the opposition and brought Cale here.

Cale must have requested information on the Crossman Royal family because he believed it would be useful in fighting the White Star.

He was aware of this as well and wanted to assist him in defeating the White Star. There was another reason, however.

'...It's my weakness.''

His actions today essentially exposed Cale Henituse's weakness.

The royal family's weakness came first. The Crossman Royal family was said to have received the Sun God's blessing and protection. However, upon closer inspection, it was revealed to be a curse rather than a blessing. If this was revealed, the Crossman Royal family's power and fame would crumble.

The second was his weakness. The fact that he was born with Dark Elf blood and possessed the darkness attribute. According to the curse, someone who should never have been the head of the Crossman family had duped the family into making him the head. Because it was Cale, he was able to reveal these two secrets and weaknesses.

'Because he realized who I was.' and never thought anything strange of it..

This jerk was someone who was aware of his Dark Elf heritage but had no ill will toward them. This bastard was someone who helped him. This jerk resembled him. That was why, with a heavy heart, he had brought Cale Henituse here today. Despite the fact that everything about them could end in the same way.