XXIII

Spell the word "AWKWARD".

Deruth and the rest of Cale's people were staring at him, lost in thought. I'm floating somewhere, but I'm hoping it's not six feet beneath the ground. Cale will either plan someone's murder or murder someone right now..

The Crown Prince has taken a seat in front of them. They're discussing their next moves as well as the enemy. White Star has arrived to make hell on Earth. The idiotic bastard is attempting to rule the world.

"That's it... I didn't learn anything else about the demon world," Alver Crossman said to Cale, who couldn't meet his gaze. He sighed and put the ledger away. He stood up after handing it to Tasha.

"I'll go on now... I still have work to do.""

Everyone who knew how Cale and the Crown Prince were always acting together was taken aback.

The flirtatious air had vanished. Cale, the stoic, is pursing his lips right now. The pushy Prince is doing nothing.

Deruth rose to his feet. Ron arrived soon after.

"Your Highness, is there something between you and Cale?" the Duke asked as he approached the departing Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince appeared to be taken aback. He gave Deruth his usual flashy smile and said, "It's okay... It'll take time..."

"You've confessed..." Ron said quietly. Deruth blanched as he gazed at the awkwardly smiling prince..

"You did?"

"I did?"

"What did Cale say?"

"It's because he's the closest person to me... and... I might be sick...""

Deruth sympathized with the Crown Prince.

"It's okay... Cale's not to blame... I did say something, too...""

"Did you say something, Your Highness?"

"How dare he mock my feelings?"

Cale is not like that... they both said something they didn't want to say..

"Cale... isn't used to this sort of thing..."

"I'm aware that the rumors about him being a playboy were all false..." Alver smiled, "If he knew... he would know how to properly turn me down."

A simple "thank you for your feelings" would have sufficed.

"I should leave... please contact me if anything happens... I doubt Cale will call me after all that..." said the Crown Prince.

"It's incredible that you can act as if nothing happened," Ron said, staring at him..

"Honestly... This is the only answer I had... I'm the only one who fell, so... If I want things to stay the same, I should have confessed the same way..."

The two older men felt sorry for him because of his smile. Alver bowed slightly and left the Villa to return to the palace.

"It's not wrong to love... nor is it wrong to be honest about it," Ron exclaimed when he noticed someone's presence.

"I hope he'll be happy even if his feelings go unanswered," Deruth said as he noticed Cale listening in on their conversation.

"Your Grace, that would be difficult..."

"Right," Deruth agreed, "after all, first love has always been the most difficult to forget."

The two men exchanged devilish grins. This unexpected confession has an impact on Cale.