Chapter 20

Alex pov:

I wake up with puffy eyes. Maybe I was to harsh on my mother. I look over to my phone. Maybe I should say I'm sorry. I take my phone and open it to see that my mother send me a message.

Sorry my love for coming unexpected. I'll leave you be for a while and maybe next time we can go out. I'll text you when I'm back at the house. Please give me a call when you wake up.

Wow. I feel so bad now. Maybe I was to harsh. I start kicking my legs in frustration. Maybe I should get ready for the day. I have a lot to do. A sigh escapes as I get ready and throw my bag over my shoulder.

I open the door and see the place is spotless. "You're here. I thought I already missed." Marcus says, out of breathe. "What do you me 'already missed me'?" I ask confused. "From what I could see, you seem pretty busy and I thought that I could give you a day off. And be a good roommate for you." He explains. "Since when are you a good roommate?" I cross my arms and raise my brow.

"Wow, you became harsh since being friends with Sam." He grabs his chest. I stare at him. "Fine, fine. But you need a day off, so give me your bag." He slowly takes my bag off my shoulder. I let out a chuckle. "And no need on tutoring me anymore, I think I'm doing pretty good thanks to you." He says with a grin. My heart feels warm with his words. Maybe my thoughts were wrong.

•••

"So what do you think? Did I do good." He asks, whilst sitting next to me on the couch. "You did good." I say, wanting to pat him on the head, but I hesitate. "Go on. I don't bite." He grins at me. A smile appears on my face as I reach my hand out. His hair is so soft. What does he use? I look down at him, seeing how red his face is. His beautiful green eyes stare back at me.

I pull back my hand, his like a little puppy. But he can be aggressive sometimes. And I like that about him. I'm amazed at the sight infront of me. I'm lost in my thoughs as I stare at him."I like you." I blur out on accident. I quickly cover my mouth as I realize what I said. Marcus looks at me in shock.

My face turns red and my cheeks grow warm. "I'm sorry, it just came out and - and." Tears started to form in my eyes. I didn't want to mess up our friendship wr had. I already messed things up in the past and we just started talking again. "Hey, it's okay. Don't cry." He grabs me by the cheeks, wiping away the tears rolling down my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that." I mutter out, sniffing and trying to stop crying.

Marcus pov:

My heart bonds against my chest. He likes me back. My cheeks are warm, I want to tell him that I like him back, but he's crying his eyes out. I pull him closer, giving him a warm hug. "It's fine Alex." I rub the back of his head, trying to calm him down. I pull him away so that I could see his face. "Are you sure? We can forget this happened." He looks away. Why does he want to forget this? Is he embarrassed that he likes me? It makes me mad that he wants to forget and I'm not going to let him forget.

I don't want to make him an option towards Kyle or anyone. He's only option is me.

"I like you too. And a lot. I've stopped drinking because of you. All I needed to distract myself from the world is you. In the past I went to the club every night to drink my problems away. But after meeting you, I didn't need a drink to clear everything." I say, holding him tight as he stares with me with his beautiful eyes. His eyes start tearing up as a smile appears along it.

He hugs me. "Not going to say a word? I just poured my heart out to you." He looks up at me. "I'm happy. I don't have a good history on dating, so I'm glad you like me back. I thought you were forcing yourself to hang out with me, because maybe you thought that I was lonely and you felt sorry for me." He plays with his hands as he looks down.

"Never. I never felt that way. I was trying to avoid you because I thought that you remembered the kiss." I explain. "Kiss? What kiss?" He looked at me confused. "So you don't remember? No it's fine, don't worry about it." I look away from his direction. "No look at me. What kiss?" He looks at me with a serious expression on his face. "Well, that night when you were drunk. You sorta kissed me." I look away from his direction. "What do you I kissed you?" He grabs my face and turns it towards him.

When did he become so strong!?

"What do you mean? You kissed me." I say in a high pitched tone. He bursts out laughing. "Why did your voice so high?" He say, wiping the tears away. "I- I. Oh my god. I liked you since that day. When you kissed me, I kissed back." I rub the back of my neck.

"Can I do something?" I look towards him, waiting for him to speak. But as I turn my head, he kisses me on my lips. Giving me a shock. He pulls away and looks away. His ears are blood red. He kissed me?! And this time he'll remember it. I grab him by his cheeks and kiss him again. After a few seconds past, he throw his arms around my neck, latching onto me. I pick him up and place him on my lap. The kiss grew hot as my tongue makes its way in Alex's month.

I'm glad I did this today.
_____________________________________